PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Mac or Apple Head?

Ensign Paris
May 20, 2002, 03:03 AM
Just a quick poll:

Are you a Mac or Apple Head? I am an Apple head, love the company, love the product, but I do know people who dislike apple but still love the computer.

Ensign

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 03:06 AM
hello ensign.

isnt a mac head and apple head the same thing? what consitutes a difference?

Ensign Paris
May 20, 2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by krossfyter
hello ensign.

isnt a mac head and apple head the same thing? what consitutes a difference?

Apple Head - Somebody who loves the Company, Steve and everything Apple. (for instance me :))

Mac Head - Somebody who love the Mac, and doesn't care about the company as long as they make macs etc... (ie. A graphic designer who uses macs at work for design)

Ensign

Ensign Paris
May 20, 2002, 03:17 AM
A Mac Head:
http://www.mlmug.org/mdpix/Attendees/marc-head.jpg

An Apple head:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/features/e399/images/machead.jpg

Ok, maybe they are both Apple/Macs heads but the pictures rule :)

Ensign

krossfyter
May 20, 2002, 03:20 AM
well okay...fair enough... i wont argue and i will play along. thanks.

iGav
May 20, 2002, 03:24 AM
Apple............ on a very similar level to how I love Ferrari F1 team, Schumi and REM....... :D

Ensign Paris
May 20, 2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by iGAV
Apple............ on a very similar level to how I love Ferrari F1 team, Schumi and REM....... :D

yeah, Schumi rules :) I love Apple more that anything else during keynotes and on the build up and down, during F1 races I love Ferrari and Schumacher more that any else :)

Currently: Apple 90% Ferrari 10%

Ensign

mac15
May 20, 2002, 06:10 AM
well most would consider me a d**khead....
I have say I am more a mac head but then again I am a apple head
I'm confused....I like MACS and APPLE
peace out

Ensign Paris
May 20, 2002, 06:27 AM
Apple Heads and Mac Heads but Mac Heads are not Apple Heads.

I wouldn't say I class u as a **** head, I don't class people I don't know well, (aside from people with the word "Cyrus" and "GO" in there names)

Ensign

Ensign Paris
May 20, 2002, 06:30 AM
Hey mac15, I didn't noticed earlier but well done on the 1000 posts, you are now 11th in the standings (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/memberlist.php3?s=&what=topposters&perpage=11)

We look upon 1000+ as a real high number of posts (and it is) but when u look at posts on other sites (like ambrosiasw.com) forums they can have like over 10000, anyway, we rock.

Ensign

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 08:25 AM
again I go for both choices...

it's too hard & close to make a difference for me... :D

Mr. Anderson
May 20, 2002, 08:27 AM
Given the one statement above that the Apple Head set contains the Mac Head Set, I'd have to go with Apple Head, that way I can be both.

britboy
May 20, 2002, 08:35 AM
I'd consider myself mostly an apple-head. For me it comes down to "why do i buy macs?". Sure, the computers a stylish, sleek.... all the things we love about the hardware. But then sony also makes some pretty sleek h/w, so why don't i buy them? Because they're not made by a certain co. by the name of 'apple' (plus they happen to have as os with M$ in it. ewwww). I love the whole 'think different' ethos.

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 09:25 AM
i started out as a mac head, but have become an apple head... it's just more fun that way

Ensign Paris
May 20, 2002, 09:36 AM
Come on, doesn't anyone else out there apart from me love there brick, just so people no it comes from Father Jack on father ted.

Ensign

Mr. Anderson
May 20, 2002, 09:41 AM
Its kind of hard to hate the company that makes your mac, but if you live day to day with the frustration thinking that your machine could be so much better... well, not for me.

britboy
May 20, 2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
Come on, doesn't anyone else out there apart from me love there brick, just so people no it comes from Father Jack on father ted.

Ensign

You mean Father Ted (http://www.father-ted.co.uk)?

They've got a great song about a dead horse (http://www.father-ted.co.uk/download/MLHold.mp3). :D :D

AlphaTech
May 20, 2002, 09:48 AM
I'd have to say I am an Apple Head... I like most of what Apple is doing (can't like everything). Being a tech, I also have to fix the systems that Apple produces. I am looking forward to getting my hands on new towers after MWNY (I hope they come out with something über-cool).

jelloshotsrule
May 20, 2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris

Ensign

isn't that a euro tv show?

if so, count me out... haha.

i saw some of it in an irish cinema class...

funny ass show. and that's coming from a catholic! haha

3rdpath
May 20, 2002, 01:44 PM
apple head!
i love my macs but the company is far more interesting.

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
apple head!
i love my macs but the company is far more interesting.

I think the word "interesting" is a major understatement...

Apple, as a company, could easily be considered one of the most innovative/intriguing companies ever...with a track record that would make most analysts cringe...he he he ;)

3rdpath
May 20, 2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

Apple, as a company, could easily be considered one of the most innovative/intriguing companies ever...with a track record that would make most analysts cringe...he he he ;)

hmmmmm, interesting......:D

and howsabout 5 new products in 5 months---yowsa, i mean , interesting...

Mr. Anderson
May 20, 2002, 02:13 PM

I think the word "interesting" is a major understatement...

They've had a huge impact in the design of all the computers you see today, not to mention almost every aspect of industrial and product designn in general.

They are an innovator, revolutionary and geek all wrapped up in one!

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
They are an innovator, revolutionary and geek all wrapped up in one!

do u think there will ever come a day when they become a completely self-contained company making every bit of their hardware as well as their iTools lineup?

Mr. Anderson
May 20, 2002, 05:32 PM

do u think there will ever come a day when they become a completely self-contained company making every bit of their hardware as well as their iTools lineup?

Not any time soon. This also was debated a while ago, would Apple buy Motorola, etc. That's what's going to need to happen, but with the current state of Apple, it could only be a future possibility, with no definite plans right now.

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Not any time soon. This also was debated a while ago, would Apple buy Motorola, etc. That's what's going to need to happen, but with the current state of Apple, it could only be a future possibility, with no definite plans right now.

I figured as much...

they are having trouble enough trying to get faster processors out as it is...

and that's without the task of taking on the computer industry as a whole...