Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jerryleejr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Ok I have searched the internet for days I hope someone can help I have a couple issues I will start at the Beginning. I installed bootcamp worked great for about a month then I had product key issues, Reinstalled XP fixed the issue, Now along comes VMware Fusion worked great for about a week then same product key issues found out I needed 1.1.3 installed that now VM Fusion wont go past the activation message and no inputs work keyboard, mouse etc. If I restart into XP with Bootcamp things work fine until I try and restart into OS X. The only successful way I have done this is a complete shut down and then hold the option key down and selecting the OS X partition. If I try to restart via the bootcamp option it just hangs at the start up chime and continuously chimes. I tried Zapping the PRAM but after the second chime it starts the chime hiccup same as from BootCamp. Please Help I dont not want to start from scratch again.

JJ

jerryleejr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
I removed VM Fusion from OS X and then Removed VM TOOLS for XP and everything seems to be working fine now. I may wait until 2.0 is out of beta and try again.

JJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.