Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gentlegiantcrai

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
I think this poll is useless, I think we all are interested to see at-least what it is, and what it can do? Now are we interested in purchasing it? Only Steve knows!

zombitronic

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2007
What about a tablet with a slide-out keyboard? On a phone, it doesn't work unless you have smurf fingers, (the iPhone is excused in the name of design and compactness,) but a larger tablet...

On second thought, what about a MacBook Touch with a slide-IN keyboard?

hairmonger

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2008
I want one, and yes, I wanted one years ago, too. I don't want one as a primary computer, though. I love the pocket size of my Palm, but it would be nice to have something bigger, but not as big as a laptop.

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
It doesn't sound like a bad idea but I couldn't see myself needing anything like that. Throw a few commericals at me when / if it's released, and ask me again :eek:

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
I say 'not sure'. The iPhone is perfect, as for a tablet I sure hope it's unique and w/o a real keyboard like tablet PCs do.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
I voted "not sure" because I can image an iTablet product that I would really want, but in reality I bet it won't turn out that way. If they made an all-screen computing device that was no bigger than a yellow note pad in all 3 dimensions, had at least 80 GB of storage (via an ipod classic sized drive), and cost $600, then I'd have to wipe the drool off my face. But especially on the price I bet it'll be way more than I consider drool worthy. If the same device I just described costs $1000 or more, which is most probable, then I'm not at all interested.

deze

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2008
UK
mac tablet

as long as i can use it as a sketch book that rivals my cintiq 21ux for levels of sensitivity and no lag I'm definitely getting one!

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Of course.

Ever watch Stargate Atlantis?
It would be sweet to carry a tablet around always tapping on it to save the world!

aosman

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
I would be interested. I would be one of the people to preorder it the moment the Apple Store is back online after the event announcing it :D

forgetaboutpro

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
The question shouldn't be "Are you interested...", it should be "Would you buy..."

Interest is not going to keep Apple's books ticking over!

Personally I'd be interested but definitely wouldn't buy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.