Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slomifier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
I turned off me iTouch about 10 minutes ago (shut down normally), but now whenever I restart it, it shows me a windows BiOs-like screen. I can't take a picture of it, (my memory card is full), but I'll try to write it out exactly as it appears on the screen. (The top part of it is missing, as it's autoscrolls down to make room for the text under it.):

Code:
AppleMRVL868x: Ethernet address 00:1d:4f
:c1:d7:07
AppleMRVL868x: Command line options and
current values used by driver
AppleMRVL868x:     marvell-debug=0xc8
AppleMRVL868x:     marvell-feature-flags
=0xf
AppleMRVL868x:     marvell-inactivity-ti
meout=100
AppleMRVL868x:     marvell-powersave-tim
eout=0
AppleMRVL868x:     marvell-powersave-lis
tenint=1
AppleMRVL868x:     marvell -ps-confirm-de
lay=15
AppleMRVL868x:     marvell-retry-limit=1
AppleMRVL868x:     marvell-sdio-pulldown
s=0
AppleMRVL868x:     WTE=0x0
AppleMRVL868x:  Loading Main Program.
AppleMRVL868x:  Firmware loaded.
AppleMRVL868x: Hardware Details:
   Firmware Version:  8.108.3.p65 (0x41086
c03)
   I/O Version:            0x0002
   Hardware Version:    0x0012
   Mac Address:          XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
:/ root#

I "blanked" out my Mac Address, cause apparently thats important or something.

Oh, and the only way to turn it off it to do the "hard shutdown" (Power+Home and hold). Touching the screen does nothing, and the homebutton is also useless.

Short of a restore (which I'm hoping still works), can I fix it?

Lastly, last time it started properly, I used a FWChanger to make my iTouch's FirmWare 1.1.5. Only thing I can think of that might be the problem.

Thanks

slomifier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
I just tried plugging it in to my usb port. It turned itself on (as usual), but then showed the BiOs stuff, but nothing came up on the computer signifying that it had been plugged in, and it doesn't seem to charge.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
You need to seach for how to put the iPod into DFU or a forced restore mode. Then it should allow you to restore via iTunes.

TEG

slomifier

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
I've decided to simply restore it, but I wanted to know if I could fix it without restoring it.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Lastly, last time it started properly, I used a FWChanger to make my iTouch's FirmWare 1.1.5. Only thing I can think of that might be the problem.

Thanks

Probably. Do you mean you just changed the number, or you tried some form of upgrade? One of the jailbreak tools might be able to pull out of this, otherwise you will be restoring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.