Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoriSan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Hello all

New to the touch, new to forum

I just got a 16 G touch, and run Vista at home and XP at work. Although I'm having the Outlook problems currently, I'm optomistic that it will be fixed. When that happens, can I sync my touch on both different PC's at home and at work back and forth? I currently use an Ipaq for calendar and contacts, and would love to lighten the load in my purse! Thanks!

vandozza

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2006
Australia
are the 2 computers connecting to the same account? or 2 separate accounts?

do you use exchange, imap or pop to collect your email?

either way it's most likely possible, but depends on exactly what you want to do, which isn't quite clear enough from your first post.
:)

LoriSan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I'm not sure what you mean by connected to the same account. iTunes account? Right now, I have itunes on my machine at home. I loaded it on the PC at work, but haven't tried to sync, until I can get an answer for this question.

I currently have partnerships on both computers with my ipaq. Which means I go to work and make changes via Outlook, sync to the ipaq, then come home and sync at home. So I have the same info in Outlook on both machines. That is what I would like to do with the itouch, if possible.

thanks!

vandozza

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2006
Australia
ok are the accounts -

emailaddy1@oneprovider.com
+
emailaddy2@somewhereelse.com
and you would like to access both on the touch.

or are you trying to access email1@wherever.com from BOTH computers and your touch.

also it looks like you will need to connect all computers to your mail server using IMAP, this will keep everything in sync, without you having to "manually" every sync. do you know if IMAP is an option? it sort of sounds like at this stage you are connecting via POP then synching manually?

if none of this makes sense, have a look at your outlook settings (under tools/accounts i think) and see if you can see IMAP/POP or Exchange mentioned. don't play with these settings though!

LoriSan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I'm not really worried about the email portion of Outlook, just the calendar and contcats (does the touch do tasks too? that would be nice too). My work email is through Outlook, but I have a Blackberry for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.