PDA

View Full Version : New iPods

roylikeswaffles
Jul 25, 2008, 08:50 PM
ok so we all know that apple is updating the iPod lineup around Septemberish and we don't really know much about the new changes in it besides the rumors that the nano will be multicolored? What do you THINK will be changed in the new iPods? (not what do you want..)

All:
1) obviously they will probably get thinner (dunno how much thinner the nano can get..)
2) bluetooth? probably not likely but other competing products are catching up to the iPod and the absence of bluetooth is something not had on other products like the Samsung P2 (which is a pretty good device..)

iPod Classic + Nano:
1) ok this is gonna sound kinda big, but i think apple might put wifi into these devices. why? well im sorta thinking that since the ipod touch has wifi and it has the app store and itunes store, why cant the classic and the nano? apple could create stores that are easy to use w/ the click wheels (if they are still there) and this would really make the iPods an even bigger competitor.

iPod Classic:
1) thinner is my guess. i don't expect to see apple using flash memory in these things..probably storage bumps and possible a product red version

iPod Nano:
1) thinner..dunno by how much..idk how apple's gonna change the physical form without taking away video capability and making it slightly bigger.
2) refresh of colors

iPod Touch:
1) thinner..
2) maybe a new back similar to the iphone?
3) 2.x software built in. sorta obvious but seeing as how apple didnt include the 2.0 software update in the touches built after 7/11, idk
4) white, product red color options? lol

iPod Shuffle:
1) i have no freaking idea. probably new colors again like last year..

well what do you guys think?
i dont have any relations with apple so all the stuff i just said came from outta my head.

elmateo487
Jul 25, 2008, 11:53 PM
I just hope they put a faster processor in it. Like the Atom! Haha. The UI super sucks. Its so slow on the classic... i picked up my old ipod photo, havnt used it in a long time, but my classic 160gb was stolen so needed something. And the photo is WAY faster in the menus! 2-3 times fasters, and never misses a button click. The classic does all the time...

BUT i love it, i need 100+ gigs of space. So its the only good option...

Dino451
Jul 26, 2008, 01:04 AM
IDK....Probably

mark10197
Jul 26, 2008, 01:21 AM
well,
in the nano and classic and the touch, I don't think there is going to be bluetooth because people would hack it and share their music with other's taking money away from the iTunes store.I don't think they would put wi-fi in the nano's and classic's because those are features that draw buyers to the high end ipod touch and iPhone. The only thing I could see happening is a new back on the touch, (like the iPhone) and storage increase on the classic and shuffle. Classic might get upgraded to 250gb??? the nano might go all the way to 4gb. I don't expect a storage upgrade in the touch because the new iPhone is only 8gb. If the new iPhone had 16 and 32gb instead of 8 and 16, I would be expecting the 8gb touch to drop. I think we might see a 64gb touch. MAYBE.
I also think we should see processor upgrades. Steve baught that PA SEMI company, and I'm pretty sure he wants to use it for the ipods.

JWest
Jul 26, 2008, 01:32 AM
I don't think they'll be getting any thinner in the near future, and personally, I wouldn't want them any thinner. They're thin enough as it is, I'd rather Apple focus on adding features than reducing size. Come on, how thin do you need 'em? You ever held an ipod touch? It's ridiculously thin. I forget when it's in my pocket most of the time. It's soooo insanely thin, it really, really shouldn't be any thinner.

PandaDeTueur
Jul 26, 2008, 03:19 AM
I was just thinking recently how awesome it would be for iPods to have Bluetooth, so I could make my syncing wireless and free up my USB ports (having two external hard drives, two iPods, and a wired mouse with the MacBook's two USB ports is a pain, believe you me), and with my iPod alarm clock I would never have to plug it into my computer! :)

I wish they would hurry up and make a touch with more than 32 gigs, I got the 8 gb model free with my MacBook and can't stop using it! I just wish it had the 80 gb my classic has, the Touch's interface is just so much better (at least in my opinion) than the click wheel.

I'm assuming they'll drop the price of the iPod Touch, at least I hope they would, considering the iPhone is now only $200.

Cyburnclassic
Jul 26, 2008, 05:24 AM
My predictions:

iPod Classic - Probably 120GB HDD version with faster processor.
iPod Nano - 8GB and 16GB released, maybe 32GB later
iPod Shuffle - 1-4GB with 1 basic line screen
iPod Touch 8-32GB, better battery life, white and red as extra colurs.