Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
buying it now. will let u know how it is

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
Arn... Let us know, and of course post a link to your toucharcade site when the review goes live

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
still messing with it. at first glance. I don't recommend it.

don't really understand it yet. a bit slow and choppy at times.

arn

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Glad something else caught my eye before buying it.

I ended up getting Tilt Me.
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285538759&mt=8

Sort of like Labyrinth gameplay, but a maze with no holes, except one, and the goal is to arrange 3 balls over targets to finish.

It has a full 3D maze, which tilts a different angles like that Zen Pinball. The music is actually a sound effect where as the glowing ball travels, it trips tiles that play the music. The faster the ball, the faster the music. And the tiles have a cool glow as you pass them.

Overall, a very retro feeling game. A new update game out with an update that changes the colors each level, and lets you choose how many balls you want out at once.

Also works well for quick play. No menu or settings, takes you were you left off near instantly. Settings are in the main iPhone settings area. I wonder if the levels are random.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I'll post a video of it later today or tomorrow.

But it's basically trying to be arkanoid... I downloaded the Mac version and it's actually probably a better game on the Mac.

What's with people not putting any gameplay documentation in the game itself?

It took me a while to figure out it was also accelerometer controlled. So far kinda boring and I'm still confused about the gameplay to some degree. Graphics are so-so. animation not entirely smooth.

arn

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
Well thanks for the quick review anyways... Should probably be a .99 one or taken a little more time to work out the bugs and all first... Ah well, still looking forward to all the great upcoming games I have been seeing on your "other site". Thanks for the great coverage Arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.