Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
http://www.apple.com/mobileme/status/

Interesting. Hopefully we'll start seeing how things are changing from now on in regards to MobileMe.

Steve Jobs has asked me to write a posting every other day or so to let everyone know what’s happening with MobileMe, and I’m working directly with the MobileMe group to ensure that we keep you really up to date. In the 14 days since we launched, it’s been a rocky road and we know the pain some people have been suffering.

geotraveller

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2008
What's really behind Mobile Me?

Yesterday's press reviewing MobileMe was brutal.

.Mac users need to come to terms with the fact that this may not be about providing good service.

Clearly this product was not tested well before deployment, or if it was perhaps the goal is not what it appears to be. Has anyone ever considered perhaps this is a sloppy exit strategy?

"No more HomePage? Guess you'll have to buy iLife."
"What happened to iCards? Coming soon....."
"Can't access your e-mail with your PC at work? May we introduce you to an iPhone?"

This kind of approach isn't new with Apple or the industry as a whole. Manufacturers are constantly making adjustments to software applications that cause existing peripherials to stop functioning or slow waaaaay down, forcing consumers to purchase the latest and greatest.

Yes, we all love Apple and want to think it hasn't sold out, but they aren't any different than any other large corporation. It's all about the money.

"Feel uncomfortable with a .me address? Maybe you need to go somewhere else so we can regain control of @mac.com."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.