PDA

View Full Version : Pogo Stylus

sunandsurf
Jul 26, 2008, 04:52 AM
came across this site and thought it was kinda cool.
http://www.tenonedesign.com/stylus.php

anyone have one? or maybe another brand?

i ordered one just a few minutes ago to help when i input text and to reduce grease smudges from my fingers cuz i like to snack.

just wondering...

ofiaich
Jul 26, 2008, 05:11 AM
Hi sunandsurf,

this was posted a few days ago...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=528463

I am sure there are more threads on a stylus here,

Ofiaich :p

sunandsurf
Jul 26, 2008, 05:38 AM
oops! sorry. i did a search but i typed pogo stylus; i shoulda typed in just stylus.

thanks for the link.

Hi sunandsurf,

this was posted a few days ago...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=528463

I am sure there are more threads on a stylus here,

Tragedies
Jul 26, 2008, 06:01 AM
I'm probably wrong, but I kind of think using a stylus kind of gets rid of the 'wow' factor that makes the iPhone and iPod Touch great. There are only a few touch screen based devices (even less multi-touch) that rely on using the finder, and the touch and iPhone are one of those.

The stylus looks great, and can be useful for those with trouble typing at times with the OS X iPhone keyboard, but it just seems strange to me.

-mikey

ofiaich
Jul 26, 2008, 08:19 AM
@sunandsurf

you are welcome !

I see the point about the stylus, but I do get tired of my finger prints all over the screen. I also find when editing a line of text, I do not touch at the exact point, where I want to edit....maybe I would do better with a stylus !

sunandsurf
Jul 27, 2008, 02:33 AM
yeah, i hear you but what i think hides the "wow" factor much more than using a stylus is using a case!

it's clearly a tradeoff: sure, you get more protection from scratches and falls/bumps, but it's like driving a brand-spanking new bmw with a car cover on! :eek:

I'm probably wrong, but I kind of think using a stylus kind of gets rid of the 'wow' factor that makes the iPhone and iPod Touch great. There are only a few touch screen based devices (even less multi-touch) that rely on using the finder, and the touch and iPhone are one of those.

The stylus looks great, and can be useful for those with trouble typing at times with the OS X iPhone keyboard, but it just seems strange to me.

-mikey

techage14
Jul 27, 2008, 02:55 AM
I really don't see an issue with a stylus for the iPhone / iPod touch. Hey, if it helps to use a stylus, then it helps. It's obviously for people who don't want to touch the screen or who have fingers that are too big to type. But, at $25 for ONE stylus is a rip off. I think the most it should be is like $15. Granted, it does come with a neat little clip but, come on.

sunandsurf
Jul 27, 2008, 03:53 AM
ain't that the truth! i love the title someone came up with in this forum; it's something like

iGive Apple too much $ !!!

to be fair, almost all of these accessories are overpriced.

I really don't see an issue with a stylus for the iPhone / iPod touch. Hey, if it helps to use a stylus, then it helps. It's obviously for people who don't want to touch the screen or who have fingers that are too big to type. But, at $25 for ONE stylus is a rip off. I think the most it should be is like $15. Granted, it does come with a neat little clip but, come on.