Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rorschach Bat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
Hey all

I was recently considering upgrading my old 12" Powerbook G4 to a newer, better model. I looked at everything Apple currently has to offer, but, frankly, I prefer my little 12" case to the behemoths now being sold. My question is this: is there any way to gut the case I've got and put in all new components? I already have the last generation model, so I can't grab something out of another model. Are there any 3rd-party products that might work in there?

Thanks!

InkMaster

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2007
Nagoya, Japan
Hey all

I was recently considering upgrading my old 12" Powerbook G4 to a newer, better model. I looked at everything Apple currently has to offer, but, frankly, I prefer my little 12" case to the behemoths now being sold. My question is this: is there any way to gut the case I've got and put in all new components? I already have the last generation model, so I can't grab something out of another model. Are there any 3rd-party products that might work in there?

Thanks!

Unless you're planning on spending a hell of alot of time and money for questionable results... not worth wasting your time on something like that; it isn't a desktop where you can throw in anything from anything else...

But honestly, just get a regular MacBook (not pro) - its almost the same size - footprint wise - and its way way (read 10x atleast) faster then your G4. Only thing thats bad when compared to the PowerBooks is that you won't get a dedicated GPU, but unless you're doing any gaming (which I think is a joke on such a tiny laptop anyways) or working w/ 3d modeling etc... then you won't even notice a difference...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.