Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiredpuppy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Another day goes by and MobileMe is inaccessible. I cannot access it via IE at work, when I am at home the server goes down often and I cannot access or send emails, and to top it off, I am the dumb goon who paid for the service, pre-MobileMe of course!!!!!!!

I'm on hold with chat support (27 min wait) to get a refund or at minimum cancel the trash and put it where it belongs. Gmail, I am coming back home baby.

Thanks for listening to my vent. Apple is becoming rotten to the core.

wiredpuppy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Thank the Heavens!

Okay, I am chatting with a representative now. I purchased the email service pre-MobileMe and explained that to him. I am explaining the limitations placed on the new service (accessing via IE) and the constant server down outages.

I had purchased the MobileMe service sometime in May 2008 and had used it with no problems for some time until the conversion.

I was provided a prompt refund. I'm a happy camper and thrilled that I get to go back to my gmail. Now, I just have to figure out how much I can get for this MacBook, so I can purchase another PC laptop. I have only had the MacBook for a couple months. Dang, what a mistake I have driven myself into. :(

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Hmm, interesting these rants only come from new posters... and especially the ones without a sig. I think some Windows users know that MM has had some issues so they create accounts and troll the forum. Also there was no such thing as an "email service" pre-mobileme. Also it's interesting the OP doesn't know what the name of the service is he paid for back in May. There's been no constant up and down outages, only people have had issues accessing email and the MM service has only been in existence for 2 whole weeks, good grief, stop making stuff up. Apple has the system requirements for MM on their website and the specifically point out I.E. as not being supported, the Microsoft's fault for not conforming to web 2.0 standards, give it a rest.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Hmm, interesting these rants only come from new posters... and especially the ones without a sig. I think some Windows users know that MM has had some issues so they create accounts and troll the forum. Also there was no such thing as an "email service" pre-mobileme. Also it's interesting the OP doesn't know what the name of the service is he paid for back in May. There's been no constant up and down outages, only people have had issues accessing email and the MM service has only been in existence for 2 whole weeks, good grief, stop making stuff up.

Actually, you could sign up for an e-mail only account.

I assume that's what they meant.

Don't always assume people are bashing Apple.

Several points in your post are inaccurate:

-IE support has nothing to do with web standards. Apple has chosen to block it to be petty. They block ALL browsers on Linux (even Firefox) because they refuse to accept that PC does not always mean Windows.
-MobileMe may be two weeks old, but customers of .Mac (and iTools) who have been members for 8 years are having problems - that's unacceptable. The OP stated this in their post, please read things before you brand people's opinions as irrelevant

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
Hmm, interesting these rants only come from new posters... and especially the ones without a sig. I think some Windows users know that MM has had some issues so they create accounts and troll the forum. Also there was no such thing as an "email service" pre-mobileme. Also it's interesting the OP doesn't know what the name of the service is he paid for back in May. There's been no constant up and down outages, only people have had issues accessing email and the MM service has only been in existence for 2 whole weeks, good grief, stop making stuff up. Apple has the system requirements for MM on their website and the specifically point out I.E. as not being supported, the Microsoft's fault for not conforming to web 2.0 standards, give it a rest.

Them not supporing IE7 is not Microsofts fault at all, it was a terrible attempt to get people to use safari for windows. They know how many people use IE and not supporting it was a stupid decision to say the least. It's amazing the lengths people go to, to defend apple. No wonder they don't need to provide good service, their products can be complete garbage but people will still defend it :rolleyes:

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
You're going to get rid of your MacBook because you're experiencing some issues with MobileMe?

I picked ups MacBook last year, December. I couldn't be happier. Apple makes damn good laptops and OSX is better, IMO, than windows xp or vista. MobileMe is working great for me right now. I guess I fall into the 99% group that is not having any problems. Email pushed to my laptop and iPhone instantly. The transition from .mac to mobileme was a little rocky, but that was the first few days for me, but all is well now.

I find I use it more efficiently and frequently now than when it was .mac.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
It's also amazing what great lengths people go through to defend trolls without seeing what's really going on.

Umm, tell me the last time Microsoft supported Safari? You can't even use their "Live" service with Safari. Oh and that's Apple's fault right Dave? Or is Microsoft just being petty?

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
It's also amazing what great lengths people go through to defend trolls without seeing what's really going on.

Umm, tell me the last time Microsoft supported Safari? You can't even use their "Live" service with Safari. Oh and that's Apple's fault right Dave? Or is Microsoft just being petty?

Microsoft is just not investing resources into a browser with a small market share.

IE on the other hand has a massive marketshare.

Microsoft has never claimed Safari has poor standards compliance, so your argument is flawed.

FYI, Safari works great for me with several Windows Live Services - they certainly don't block users from trying to use browsers. If Apple didn't block Linux users, there would be no problem.

I don't believe the OP was a troll, you just skimmed the post and made several assumptions that were wrong.

wiredpuppy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008

Dude, are you for real? I am not into the Microsoft/Apple politics to be quite honest, so could give a flying crap. I am 31 years old and have been a PC user all my life, until May 2008. I switched to Apple because I had heard they had innovative products with new breaking capabilities. I have to be honest, I am very disappointed. From the fact that my MacBook wasn't compatible with my wireless 2Wire router, to the fact that the MacBook needed repair within 3 weeks (at some Genius Bar), to the fact that their e-mail service sucked butt.

I am looking for functionality, not looking for something cool or having the current fad, or wasting my money. I paid a premium for a laptop and got sub-standard quality. I paid a premium for an e-mail service (which is undheard of these days with gmail, yahoo, etc.) and got sub-standard quality. Apple offers me no functionality and I am so mad at myself for thinking it did and abandoning my PC. I work for AT&T and love the iPhone and my employee discounts :) and have never had a problem. This seems to be the only product that has worked for me in Apple's product line. If you want to waste your money, then by all means feel free to do so. Otherwise, I would have to accuse you of working for Apple or having other motives to slam me. There was no verification of who I or you was, what products I or you owned, and whether or not I or you was posting crap just because I/you was bored or hated Apple/MS when I joined MacRumors.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.

HLD, I generally would agree that newbies come up with the most interesting stories at times but in the case of MobileMe, seems many older vets here are coming up with stories just as interesting when trying to deal with MM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.