Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crotalus99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Hi,

I am in the middle of ripping and converting about 500 DVD's for my aTV setup. I use mactheripper and Handbrake/Visualhub on my Macbook Pro, but I have an old XP machine sitting there doing nothing.

Last night I started ripping DVD's and does a quick job of it (about 10 minutes), but I can't find a program to then convert to MP4 format.

Could someone recommend a program to help. Ideally something I could rip multiple DVD's and then setup to convert 8-10 at a time to MP4 overnight/day like I do with Handbrake.

Thanks for any help.

crotalus99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Thanks, for some reason I thought that handbrake was Mac only. I should have checked that our first.

Anyone know a good program to tag in Win XP??

Thanks again,

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
I use a Windows machine to rip and encode (faster than my old iMac), but then just copy them to the Mac to tag them with MetaX and to import them into iTunes. I don't know of any good taggers for Windows. If you are going to run your library from a Mac, just use MetaX to tag the files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.