Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

demonguard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Missouri
I have two extremely annoying problems with my 7 month old macbook. One, it has those "cracks" under the exhaust vent that many others have complained about. Two, when I press the trackpad button, it has kind of a two stage click. It clicks lightly with no effect, and then I have to push it down further to make it register the click (at which point it clicks again). Would either of these problems warrant a (possibly free?) bottom case replacement? Keep in mind I didn't purchase AppleCare because the MacBook totally maxxed out my christmas budget :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the help :eek:

tsice19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
I have two extremely annoying problems with my 7 month old macbook. One, it has those "cracks" under the exhaust vent that many others have complained about. Two, when I press the trackpad button, it has kind of a two stage click. It clicks lightly with no effect, and then I have to push it down further to make it register the click (at which point it clicks again). Would either of these problems warrant a (possibly free?) bottom case replacement? Keep in mind I didn't purchase AppleCare because the MacBook totally maxxed out my christmas budget :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the help :eek:

Take it to Apple. Be nice and they might fix it. If not, you are SOL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.