PDA

View Full Version : Apple tv, movies, tv & Monitor

bubble27
Jul 27, 2008, 12:08 AM
Hey all

I was interested in getting an external monitor to plug my notebook in. I was considering getting one with a tv tuner:

Afew question about apple tv.

Can you catch tv with it?....from like an antenna?
How about if you plug a free view box or usb tv tuner??

The ultimate question is that if i use it to watch tv/movies on an external monitor will it be bad quality since monitors produce higher resolutions?

Sorry guys but i dont quite get why someone would pay 200 to for a device that can be replaced by cables...

dbwie
Jul 27, 2008, 07:50 AM
If you get a big external monitor to hook up to a laptop, you can rent movies, etc from the computer and watch on the monitor.

The Apple TV does not have an input for an antenna. It only get content through its wired or WiFi network connection.

If you want to have a monitor that does double duty as a TV, I recommend getting a device that's a HDTV first, and can also be a computer monitor. I have the Sony KDL-19M4000 19" LCD TV. Works great with my Apple TV, and if I connect my laptop to its VGA input, the resulting picture as a computer monitor is very good. This TV runs a 1440 x 900 display as a computer monitor, which is better than the 13xx x 768 that many other LCD TVs in this class use.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665401954