Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
I'm making a website, and I've already posted some threads because I no very little about CSS and html stuff..

On the site there are some sections like interior and exterior where I need a photo gallery to show stuff..

Here is a picture of How I want it:
photowebsiteexamplezp5.png

It needs to be a gallery of 350px by 350px, with in it thumbnails of 83px by 83px and between the thumbnails a space of 6 px in the color black...

The gallery has to stand (when the site opens) 110px from the left of the browser and 125px from the top of the browser..

When you click on one of the thumbnails a bigger photo should appear in that gallery of 350px by 350px with controls to go the next, previous photo or go back to the overview. The next and previous could be symbolized with arrows, and back with close or something (all three semi-transparant).. It should be something like this:
photowebsiteexamplebigpoy1.png

Now, I can't pay anyone for making this, but if anyone would like to make this for free, you're thanked a thousand times..
Or if anyone knows a prepaid gallery like this, that you maybe can adjust..

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
I just took a look at the site, I'm going to try it with the left/right click gallery one..

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
I tried it, and first I'm actually not aloud to configure it, so says the css and javascript, and second, I'm so noob that it's too hard for me to configure it like I want it to be..

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
I have a suggestion which might work well for you...

Visit http://www.flash-slideshow-maker.com/ and download the free version and try it out. It's a Windows app that has an easy to use GUI, a wizard for simple stuff. It generates Flash slideshows including the HTML, all you do is literally upload the single .swf file and copy/paste the pertinent parts of the HTML (removing the marketing stuff to use their product). It has many templates or themes to choose from, you can set all the colors, time delays for the slideshow, choose from 40 fade effects, add optional links, titles, use exim information, etc. The licensed version removes a product marketing slide at the end of the slideshow and you can download more themes, etc.

You literally can generate a slideshow within minutes.

Adobe Flash also is widely supported on browsers and does not require JavaScript to be enabled.

Just a thought!

-jim

saminsocks

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
Do you need the thumbnails to be created, or do you have a way to do that? It's not difficult to do what you want with Lightbox and CSS. If you like I can help you get it started and show you how to do it so if you need to make changes down the road you'll be able to. Send me an email at saminsocks @ gmail.com and we'll figure out a way to walk through it together.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
I have a suggestion which might work well for you...

Visit http://www.flash-slideshow-maker.com/ and download the free version and try it out. It's a Windows app that has an easy to use GUI, a wizard for simple stuff. It generates Flash slideshows including the HTML, all you do is literally upload the single .swf file and copy/paste the pertinent parts of the HTML (removing the marketing stuff to use their product). It has many templates or themes to choose from, you can set all the colors, time delays for the slideshow, choose from 40 fade effects, add optional links, titles, use exim information, etc. The licensed version removes a product marketing slide at the end of the slideshow and you can download more themes, etc.

You literally can generate a slideshow within minutes.

Adobe Flash also is widely supported on browsers and does not require JavaScript to be enabled.

Just a thought!

-jim
thanks, but it's not really the slideshow that has to be good, it's primarly the thumbnails with larger preview...

Do you need the thumbnails to be created, or do you have a way to do that? It's not difficult to do what you want with Lightbox and CSS. If you like I can help you get it started and show you how to do it so if you need to make changes down the road you'll be able to. Send me an email at saminsocks @ gmail.com and we'll figure out a way to walk through it together.
I'll send an email with further details...

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
thanks, but it's not really the slideshow that has to be good, it's primarly the thumbnails with larger preview...

Did you check out the link I sent you including demos there? The software does precisely that, I saw the templates. I don't usually remind OP's twice to follow my advice as it would come off as arrogant. I don't intend to be. Trust me - the other suggestions involve installing code, customizing code and working with code - which is fine for developers, but I offered my advice because you said, originally:

I no very little about CSS and html stuff

Code refers to Javascript, which is involved with "html stuff" and what others are talking about, primarly.

Can you point and click, copy and past a few lines of HTML and upload one single .swf file? My advice is probably your cup of tea!

Of course --> if you did check it out completely and barfed as a result, that's totally, totally cool. I am confirming you at least looked! That's all, heh!

-jim

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Did you check out the link I sent you including demos there? The software does precisely that, I saw the templates. I don't usually remind OP's twice to follow my advice as it would come off as arrogant. I don't intend to be. Trust me - the other suggestions involve installing code, customizing code and working with code - which is fine for developers, but I offered my advice because you said, originally:

Code refers to Javascript, which is involved with "html stuff" and what others are talking about, primarly.

Can you point and click, copy and past a few lines of HTML and upload one single .swf file? My advice is probably your cup of tea!

Of course --> if you did check it out completely and barfed as a result, that's totally, totally cool. I am confirming you at least looked! That's all, heh!

-jim

Well, the other reason is that I don't have any version of windows..
And I would need help customizing it, and I've gotten it now form Samin Socks, And I think lightbox looks better.. But thanks alot for the advice!

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Yes, I fully agree Lightbox looks the best - it's awesome, but it's code. Not difficult but it's not a GUI interface either you can use on your own. BTW, maybe it's time to look into setting up Parallels or VM Ware on your computer and run a cheapo OEM version of XP Home for things like this. Or bootcamp (free) and install the Windows as a boot partition.

Okay, enjoy the cool features and look lightbox and thanks for replying to me! I'm outta your hair now!

-jim

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Yes, I fully agree Lightbox looks the best - it's awesome, but it's code. Not difficult but it's not a GUI interface either you can use on your own. BTW, maybe it's time to look into setting up Parallels or VM Ware on your computer and run a cheapo OEM version of XP Home for things like this. Or bootcamp (free) and install the Windows as a boot partition.

Okay, enjoy the cool features and look lightbox and thanks for replying to me! I'm outta your hair now!

-jim
Yes, you're right. I actually really don't want windows :p

ukjabber

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
I'm looking for something simliar.

I'm creating my site in iweb and I have the look and feel just need it so that when you click on the image it appears on the right.

I have taken a snapshot of the initial look without the big image.

I am a total novice at web design. I only do print design so any "really basic" advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• screen grab.jpg
    screen grab.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.