Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skymac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2003
Toronto,On
Is there any inexpensive method of conecting my VCR or DVD player to my Powerbook and using the superdrive to record directly on to a DVD without having to copy it to my HD first or spend insane amounts of money on some form of adaptor(althoug if thats the only option i would consider it). I hope you can all understand what i'm talking about and any help would be nice.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Toast 6 has a plug and burn facility, which is quite close to what you are asking. While I have not tried it, I think it is a one button solution to take a DV video source from a camcorder and automatically create a DVD or Video Disk. If your camcorder has a video pass through option you could connect your VCR to it. Failing that you could record onto DV Tape first and then to the Mac. If you don't have a DV camcorder that has an analogue in capability you will need something like Formac Studio DV which is about $280. I am sure there are cheaper alternatives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.