PDA

View Full Version : 5G 60 GB iPod with a lot of dead pixels

Tadros86
Jul 27, 2008, 11:31 PM
Can someone help me find a way to fix all these DEAD PIXELS !!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/drainyou494/Photo28.jpg

zephead
Jul 28, 2008, 12:49 AM
Is it still under warranty or AppleCare? I'm pretty sure if you have THAT many stuck/dead pixels then Apple will replace it for you.

BlizzardBomb
Jul 28, 2008, 11:23 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a crack by the bottom arrow? Judging from the large pools to the side too, I'm assuming you've dropped or smashed this? Then again, I might be completely wrong. :o

Apple Ink
Jul 28, 2008, 11:25 AM
Something obviously went wrong here or you would have posted this 2 years ago!

Try pixel massage but with this may Dead Pixels... Good Luck!

Macmaniac
Jul 28, 2008, 11:40 AM
Cracked screen=gg, you can try a third party service center who can replace the screen.

Tadros86
Jul 28, 2008, 09:49 PM
Actually, its never been dropped, always in its soft case that it came with, barely any scratches even on the back. I love my iPods, iPhone, and Mac and always take great care of them. This just happened. . . its weird too cause the black sloshes turn white when you have the apple logo on the screen? also that is not a crack in the screen, no cracks on it just so many dead pixels !!! Its been out of warranty for months, and it happened right after the warranty period ended which was the worst! Is there a program that I can download for free? And if not can someone link me to what they suggest? Please!!!

Apple Ink
Jul 28, 2008, 10:57 PM
Dead pixels remain dead! Seems like you're firmware's corrupt!!
Try Restore!

If nothing else works.... try www.ifixit.com

Pixellated
Jul 28, 2008, 10:59 PM
There is a video going around that alternates colours to fix it. Google it.

alphaod
Jul 29, 2008, 12:40 AM
Totally irrelevant, but your picture is blurry and it's mirrored.

Pixellated
Jul 29, 2008, 01:26 AM
By the way, i could have sworn that is a crack. Do you keep the headphones in the same pocket as the iPod?

Tadros86
Jul 29, 2008, 08:26 AM
I've tried googling the video of the colors flashing, its on youtube too, but no where can I download it and upload it onto my iPod. The picture is mirrored and blurry cause I took it on my Macbook Pro with my iSight. Thanks for the tips, but keep em coming!!! Please

Pixellated
Jul 29, 2008, 09:24 AM
I will try to find the colour video for you, i will get back tommorow.

Tadros86
Jul 31, 2008, 12:58 AM
I will try to find the colour video for you, i will get back tommorow.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!