Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oxxy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2008
iCopter, the simple game of touching the screen to raise the helicopter and avoid the green walls. Oh was I addicted to this amazing game on the computer and on my jailbroken iPhone v1. I am surprised that this app isn't already in the store because I would definitely pay money for it in a heartbeat.
Any info on if it is the process of development? I Want This Game.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
It's very much in the store. Was it pulled? I was just reading that they updated to fix some bugs. I saw it about 10 days ago.

Oops this is a more advanced game. You mean the one where you just dodge things?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,228

Oxxy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2008
It's very much in the store. Was it pulled? I was just reading that they updated to fix some bugs. I saw it about 10 days ago.

Oops this is a more advanced game. You mean the one where you just dodge things?

I mean the game where you just fly a Helicopter through an ever narrowing tunnel while avoiding the obstacles. So simple yet so addicting.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I mean the game where you just fly a Helicopter through an ever narrowing tunnel while avoiding the obstacles. So simple yet so addicting.

I was looking for a game like this too, and the closest I could find was SolarQuest.

The problem is, I HATE the controls - they're WAY too sensitive, with no way to adjust them. There's apparently an update submitted, which will use the accelerometer, which might work better.

Oh, and Chopper (shown above), is an AWESOME game!!

Oxxy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Anyone know anything about it? This game would be so simple to make, im surprised no one has made it.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I was looking for a game like this too, and the closest I could find was SolarQuest.

The problem is, I HATE the controls - they're WAY too sensitive, with no way to adjust them. There's apparently an update submitted, which will use the accelerometer, which might work better.

SolarQuest has been updated, and it is indeed MUCH better with accelerometer controls!! It's the closest thing to what you're looking for that you're going to find for now, I think. Only $3.

Though I kind of miss the simplicity of what you're talking about. I play the "Jetman" application all the time on Facebook, for example...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.