PDA

View Full Version : What is .app exactly?

sujithkrishnan
Jul 28, 2008, 12:58 AM
Hi all...

What i want now is the makeFile for my iPhone Application.
I tried using some makefile (for iPhone) by replacing the sourcefiles with my source files.
However my Xcode is using the "gcc-4.0" , so i changed the compiler path with path for gcc-4.0 .

Moreover from Xcode BUILD RESULTS for normal build, i got the parameters for the compiling, so i added those parameters also....

But i guess all those lines mentioned during normal build from Xcode is not necessary , isnt it?
Because it is using some other utilities like <com.apple.tools-info-plist-utility> which wont work in my TERMINAL , makefile as well.

So i just want to know the necessary lines, to create the .app with contents, so that the app will work in my device. Moreover i want to process the info.plist,myOwn.plist, images, etc.. (ie resources)

The compiling from .m to .o is taking place with the makefile, But it showing a file is missing for the LINKING .. "filename:Linkfilelist"

So please help me with necessary steps....

The requirement is I want my project use for Custom Builds , without much change for code base.

I just came across the Makefile, and i got an info that it will favour me to meet my target...

Is that possible with the info.plist only ?

kainjow
Jul 28, 2008, 09:30 AM
I think the xcodebuild command would be helpful.