Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlbinoPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I am a person that loves to travel. I travel all the time, and as any person who does a bit of trekking will tell you, packing light is extremely important!
So following that principle I take along my 20GB iPod (all my music, no heavy CDs) and my digi cam (no film, batteries). What i've realized would be great for a person like me is an iPod add-on that would read memory cards and sync photos to the iPod.
Think about it...a decent sized mem card runs about $200. If you're like me, you shoot at the highest possible res (makes for best pics even if you print at 4x6) after a bunch of these it's really easy to fill a card, especially when you're on a long trip.
Buying two cards could easily be the same price as a mid to high capacity iPod. I'd rather have the iPod! So, if there was a syncing addon, one could use cheaper low capacity cards, and just sync them everytime it fills up. Then when you get back home, sync them with your computer.
No one wants to lug their laptop throughout South America, not to mention losing a iPod and digicam (total ~ $1000) beats a stolen powerbook (total ~ $2500).
Apple, or some 3rd party, please listen and make this wish come true! It would be a godsent for people that travel and love taking tons of high-res pics! (Oh, and please let me know if there is already something like this!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.