PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the DLO transdock micro with iphone 3g?

pj rage
Jul 28, 2008, 12:30 PM
I see that DLO says on their website that it works for the iphone but doesn't specifically mention the 3g and it seems that some products work for one but not the other. So, does anyone know one way or the other?

doobs
Jul 29, 2008, 03:40 PM
I have one. It worked fine with my original iPhone, but does not charge my iPhone 3G. The lack of charging makes this product not worth the money, unless they update it.

doobs
Jul 29, 2008, 03:43 PM
By the way, a lot of the FM transmitters are not specifically stating that they support the iPhone because of radio interference. I experienced minimal radio interference with the DLO micro, but does exist.

thor79
Jul 29, 2008, 03:52 PM
Supposedly it's the Edge network that does the interference. When you are using 3G it's supposed to cut down on that significantly I believe.

Doing a quick test on a set of speakers that always used to get interference with my old cell phone, results in no interference from 3G...when I switch to edge the interference is back. I'd definitely say it's Edge that causes it.

Can't say for sure if it's the same on an FM transmitter in a car because I don't have mine yet.

pj rage
Jul 29, 2008, 06:56 PM
Ahh, the non-charging is a deal-breaker for me. I went ahead and ordered an in car unit that connects direct to the factory headunit. I'll couple this with something like liquidaux or itrip autopilot for charging + lineout. Or maybe just two cables to the phone by using a cheaper powerjolt for the charging. Not sure yet.