PDA

View Full Version : Copy/Paste Implementation

dasikes
Jul 29, 2008, 08:26 AM
Alright, as y'all may have read on MacRumors (story here (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2008/07/28/magicpad-editor-offers-copy-and-paste/)), MagicPad Editor will have copy/paste functionality. However, their implementation involves taking away the magnifying glass and simply dragging your finger to select text. If you wish to just type from a spot you have to tap again.

I personally don't think this would be Apple's method of doing it when(if) they give us copy/paste.

How do y'all think it could work?

Personally, I envision selecting a starting point using the magnifying glass, then pressing a second finger down and dragging with two fingers to select. Then, a menu would slide up (like with saving pictures) and have three buttons: Copy, Cut, Cancel.

To paste, select a spot the same way, press the second finger down and hold for a second, and a menu will pop up with Paste, Cancel.

Any ideas?

4DThinker
Jul 29, 2008, 09:57 AM
You've nailed why it isn't there yet: How to do it?

You could put one finger on the beginning and one finger on the end of the section to cut. The section would be highlighted for verification and you could adjust your fingers to get it perfect. Release and you get a popup that asks if you want to copy, cut, or cancel the pick. To paste simply put the cursor within the text where you want it, then tap a "paste" icon that might be on the bottom or top of the screen somewhere, only appearing when you have something in the clipboard.

MacBoobsPro
Jul 29, 2008, 10:00 AM
Its simple. Tap and hold then drag the selection you want. Upon release a menu pops up asking cut, copy or paste. Tap copy. Move cursor where you want. Tap and hold then release the same menu pops up. Tap paste.

I've submitted it to Apple. :)

dasikes
Jul 30, 2008, 08:29 AM
Its simple. Tap and hold then drag the selection you want. Upon release a menu pops up asking cut, copy or paste. Tap copy. Move cursor where you want. Tap and hold then release the same menu pops up. Tap paste.

I've submitted it to Apple. :)

I love this. It's simple, easy to do.