Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
I havn't been able to get TruPhone to work or Pandora.

Pandora wasn't even in the Canada iTunes Store, so I got it from the US store...but it still doesn't want to work. "this app cannot be installed because it cannot be found"....uggh

But I did find TruPhone in the Canada App store, but i get the same 'cannot be installed' message...

so those are two AWESOME apps that won't work for us in Canada. What other ones don't work so I can save the annoyance.

thanks

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Not sure about Truphone, but if you go to Pandora's website, it'll give you the reason as to why it won't work in Canada. I believe it's a copyright thing.

I wasn't able to use the web version of Pandora for years when I lived in Toronto. This isn't going to change, unfortunately for you.

Edit: Truphone looks like it sucks anyway.

Dipdip

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
eBay isn't there, movie apps don't have Canadian theatres, the news apps don't have local Canadian news...what's most annoying here is that developers release these apps intended for the States internationally.

noisebleed

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I havn't been able to get TruPhone to work or Pandora.

Pandora wasn't even in the Canada iTunes Store, so I got it from the US store...but it still doesn't want to work. "this app cannot be installed because it cannot be found"....uggh

But I did find TruPhone in the Canada App store, but i get the same 'cannot be installed' message...

so those are two AWESOME apps that won't work for us in Canada. What other ones don't work so I can save the annoyance.

thanks

get last.fm, its better than pandora.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Are there any Apps in the Canada Store that aren't in the US/any other Store? Or won't work anywhere but in Canada?

The guys at CBC Radio 3 should make an App! That would be fantastic.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
I have Last.FM

it's pretty good. Buffers kind of slow on 3G though. I will wait about 15 seconds per song for the buffer. Unless i'm not using it right.

Truephone, i think, looks sweet. I could use it to call my parents for almost free.

Who knows, maybe it blows...i'm in Canada so i'll never know.

I imagine there will be a lot of apps that don't work up here.

But, as long as Spore is Canada Friendly it'll be all good.

Over all, i haven't found too many apps I want. Except two that are not in Canada, (pandora and truephone)

oh well.

lemme know if there are more

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.