Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Claytoniss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Denver
So as of now I have leopard at home, I have been using it on my PPC g5 running CS3 apps. Slightly testing it to see what kind of issues I could be having. I still feel it is buggy, (especially ID) this could be a g5 thing.

At my work I have 4 g5's and 1 mac pro intel.

I would like to keep everyone on the same page, but I will be purchasing another Mac Pro, with leopard on it.

Anyone in this boat? Should I upgrade everyone, or just leave the one person with leopard while the rest of us work in tiger?

Thanks!:)

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
You should be fine leaving everyone else where they are. Leopard and Tiger can play together nicely.
I'm wondering what makes you think Leopard is still buggy though. I've been problem free since day 1 on one Mac Pro, one Mac Mini, on G4 Quicksilver, and my Core Duo MacBook Pro.

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
Leopard has only one serious bug that I've found; Spaces does not work well at all with CS3.
(Application windows/palettes do not focus correctly when switching apps)
I simply disabled Spaces.

Otherwise, Leopard is a stellar system for graphics IMO.

Claytoniss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Denver
Well ID has been freezing on me and not really doing any heavy graphics. I also noticed that I can't hide ID, I love hiding my apps.

Thanks for the halp!

I really want leopard for back to my mac. That would be nice, I also think that quick view is perfect for graphics. I think my old school people would like these features.

How is leopard with win servers? SMB?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.