Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiensoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Hey guys I found what seems to be the new iPod Touch. It was printed in the BestBuy weekly ads but it looks different as we currently know it.

I tried scanning the ad but it looked really bad so I went to BestBuy website and they have a digital version of the ad. Here it is a picture.

ipodbestbuy.jpg

ipodbestbuycrop.jpg

I have another picture in my blog comparing the two pictures.

Please digg here this article so other peaple can see it :D

You can also go to http://www.bestbuy.com and on the top click on "Weekly Ad" then go to page 17 and you will see the original image.

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Please consider submitting this as a news immediately! The staff might be able to look into it more!

Btw... great find! Certainly dont look similar to me!:D

cminshew

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
What is the biggest difference about it? Is it the grayish/aluminum border around the perimeter of the iPod Touch? That's what stands out to me.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
There's also slightly less space between the bottom of the home button and the edge.

But who knows, their DTP people could've just tweaked the image accidentally somehow, etc.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I think they took an iPhone, slapped the picture with the girl and guy onto it, and are now saying it's an iPod Touch.

kiensoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I think they took an iPhone, slapped the picture with the girl and guy onto it, and are now saying it's an iPod Touch.

Well in that case they also had to remove the earpiece form the iPhone and if you look in the smaller picture (the one that says the price $299.99) it also has the silver edge but it has the iPod Touch icons instead of the iPhones. I think the designer would have more work to do if doing all those changes instead of getting the picture of a real iPod Touch in the first place.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I'm afraid if anyone is going to leak info on a new iTouch, it's not going to be Best Buy. No way, no how.

By the time they have their hands on new stock, the device would already be in the public domain.

dasikes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Alabama
I don't really care why or how the pictures different: Best Buy wouldn't have leaked photos. That's a ridiculous notion.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
If Best Buy knew what the upcoming Touch was gonna be like, someone would have leaked the info already.

It's just not feasible.

cminshew

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
What it looks like to me is that someone screwed up when putting the advertising paper together.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
The home button is the same size, so I don't think it is a photoshop of an iPhone.

I think it is quite possible that Steve is giving all iPods plastic backs like the iPhone (this one in white). :D

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Thats the biggest give away... but then its the MacBook's turn to receive an update not the iPods!

Yeah, Apple has been pretty regular about iPod updates right at the beginning of the Q4 holiday quarter.

If this ad had come out 1 or 2 months from now, I might suspect more of it. But it's July, I don't know why Best Buy DTP department would have images of a new iPod Touch right now.

pismodude2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
MacWorld
Does look different, but it's not even close to when the iPods are usually refreshed, why would best buy have the new one on their posters?

I don't know, but I don't think that they would spend all that time to make a photoshop of something that doesn't serve a purpose, and then accidentally slip it into their ad, do you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.