PDA

View Full Version : 101 Ways to Save the Internet


MacBytes
Jan 2, 2004, 09:50 AM
Category: Humor
Link: 101 Ways to Save the Internet (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040102105055)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

bennetsaysargh
Jan 2, 2004, 10:41 AM
i like number 80. finding nemo browser for kids!
someone should make a safari mod:p

edesignuk
Jan 2, 2004, 10:57 AM
The best...

1 Unleash vigilante justice on spammers
8 Declare spammers are terrorists
11 Larry Flynt, build a porn browser ;) :D
23 Offer real RIAA amnesty
46 Free the Beeb
55 Block self-installing adware for good
66 Shut down pedophile chat rooms
68 Write to President Schwarzenegger
86 Take over the MPAA, Keanu
90 Death to fax machines
93 Don't open it
94 Tell Kelly on Geocities to take down her Macarena tribute page
95 Protect yourself, dumbass

:D

bennetsaysargh
Jan 2, 2004, 11:12 AM
1 and 8 are also pretty good. does anyone have a link to the macarena tribute page?:p
just for kicks.

MrMacMan
Jan 2, 2004, 12:03 PM
hahaha.

Good stuff.

ahbe
Jan 2, 2004, 12:44 PM
Build a .sex red-light district Icann, the committee that assigns top-level Internet domains, refuses to create an adult zone that can easily be kept from kids' eyes. Porn won't disappear, so deal with it.

That's a damn good idea. It would make it way easier to just force everyone to put porn on .sex domains. That way it would be easy to filter for your kids. Just block .sex. If someone has a porn site on a .com for instance, then they are obviously only putting it there for underage kids, in which case call in the lawyers. Why have they not done this one yet?

redAPPLE
Jan 2, 2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ahbe


That's a damn good idea. It would make it way easier to just force everyone to put porn on .sex domains. That way it would be easy to filter for your kids. Just block .sex. If someone has a porn site on a .com for instance, then they are obviously only putting it there for underage kids, in which case call in the lawyers. Why have they not done this one yet?

i guess, because our politicians still think Sex is dirrty. Sex is badd.

bennetsaysargh
Jan 2, 2004, 03:54 PM
well, seeing as a lot of little kids (even 5 and 6 now) are starting to use the internet, blocking sites can be hard. with a .sex, it would be much easier to filter. also, the school wouldn't have to approve every single site it sees on the ocmputers.

yamabushi
Jan 2, 2004, 09:35 PM
I like .xxx better. That way you could easily assume that certain sex related sites wouldn't have to be included. For example, plant biology, breast cancer, sex education, etc. I have been promoting this idea for a long time.

Actually, I think it would be even better if the xxx came at the beginning of each domain name in place of or in front of www Just tack on the xxx. in front of the names for all adult sites. That way domain names could be changed easier as a group and browsers and servers could quickly and easily identify adult domains.

revenuee
Jan 2, 2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by yamabushi
I like .xxx better. That way you could easily assume that certain sex related sites wouldn't have to be included. For example, plant biology, breast cancer, sex education, etc. I have been promoting this idea for a long time.

Actually, I think it would be even better if the xxx came at the beginning of each domain name in place of or in front of www Just tack on the xxx. in front of the names for all adult sites. That way domain names could be changed easier as a group and browsers and servers could quickly and easily identify adult domains.

i like the .xxx idea

but the xxx instead of www would be tricky ... the xxx would then have to be like a subdomian ... just like the infamous ... mmm.beer.com was just a mmm. subdomain that forwarded to www.beer.com

SeaFox
Jan 4, 2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by MacBytes
Category: Humor
Link: 101 Ways to Save the Internet (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040102105055)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

Why is this in the "Humor" section? :(

I read this yesterday (not HERE, duhhhhhh) I mean I was reading Wired magazine at Borders yesterday and saw this and most of the suggestions are good. The article was written to be serious.

Waluigi
Jan 4, 2004, 01:21 AM
Wow, this article had a lot of great ideas that I know will get shot down due to greed by CEO's.

--Waluigi

Kingsnapped
Jan 4, 2004, 01:31 AM
I think it would have wind up being something more conservative. The governemnt is more likely to make a .adu than something that sounds dirty.

bennetsaysargh
Jan 4, 2004, 09:39 AM
that's probably true. still, any way you name it, it will be good. filters will be easier to program, especially in schools that have st. bernard filters:rolleyes: .