Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Ok, so I'm going off to college this September and I'd like to become either a Pharmacist or a Radiologist.

I've never owned a Mac before, but I have used one and I think this time I'd like to get a Mac over a PC.

I will mostly use it for school work, and basic things like surfing the internet, watching videos, downloading music, storing my photos, word processing, etc.

What would be the best laptop for me to get that is under $2000?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Well you could get the base model 15" MBP, but it would put you over by $100-150 if you buy AppleCare also. If you don't buy AppleCare with tax and stuff it should cost you around $2000.

wickedawesome31

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
I'm also in the same boat, I'm going to buy my first mac in the middle of august (just incase they are able to update by then, although it's looking like it might be september now).

The highest-end white or black MacBook.

I agree, I would buy the 2.4GHz white, unless you wanted the bigger hard drive and black plastic (then buy the black! ;) )

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Go for either a refurbished 15" MacBook Pro or a MacBook. Go for the MacBook Pro if you want a larger screen and a dedicated GPU, otherwise, go for the MacBook. :)

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
I like the white ones.

I would get the base model macbook with memory upgrade.

Use the extra money for a) airport express b) itunes movies/music c) apps for your free ipod touch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.