Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Just picked up the white 2.4 macbook, I had the 24" iMac, I do basic things. Music. browse the web, usually not home so i could not enjoy it much so i had to get the macbook. Same satisfaction just smaller screen pretty much. Of course the Resolution isnt as nice but i can deal with it

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
appreciate it guys, I been on it all day Im lovin it so far. First time ever owning a laptop im so used to desktops

drumdoc

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
Just got mine today. 13" Macbook 2.4ghz white. It will make a great addition to my 17" iMac. Can't wait to explore it!

polee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/167)

Me too. I have a white mb 2.4 ghz. The best notebook and os. I have been a windows person all my life before this switch.

polee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/167)

Me too. I have a white mb 2.4 ghz. The best notebook and os. I have been a windows person all my life before this switch.

Foxglove10

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
I just got my first MacBook too - Windows all the way until now. It came set up with Parallels - it has Boot Camp, too, but I haven't switched because it seemed okay. But I do notice slowing of the system when I run Windows in Parallels - would you guys recommend re-setting it up in Boot Camp instead? I don't want to wait too long, till I have all kinds of stuff on there before I do it? I hear Boot Camp runs at native speed. My MacBook is super nice - 250G HD and 3G RAM, plus nice MacAlly leather cover, so I'm loving it so far.

Also have a question - I'm sharing the drive with my music on it with my partner. The drive is a USB, and it runs slow. I'm going to replace it with a bigger Firewire drive. She has a desktop G5 quad. She seems to have USB 1.0 while my MacBook has 2.0. Would it make sense to disconnect the drive from her system and plug it in to the laptop to do the transfer from the old USB (slow) drive to the new, bigger Firewire one, or will it make much difference?

stone315

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
I just got my first MacBook too - Windows all the way until now. It came set up with Parallels - it has Boot Camp, too, but I haven't switched because it seemed okay. But I do notice slowing of the system when I run Windows in Parallels - would you guys recommend re-setting it up in Boot Camp instead? I don't want to wait too long, till I have all kinds of stuff on there before I do it? I hear Boot Camp runs at native speed. My MacBook is super nice - 250G HD and 3G RAM, plus nice MacAlly leather cover, so I'm loving it so far.

Also have a question - I'm sharing the drive with my music on it with my partner. The drive is a USB, and it runs slow. I'm going to replace it with a bigger Firewire drive. She has a desktop G5 quad. She seems to have USB 1.0 while my MacBook has 2.0. Would it make sense to disconnect the drive from her system and plug it in to the laptop to do the transfer from the old USB (slow) drive to the new, bigger Firewire one, or will it make much difference?

When you load Windows through Boot Camp, it is running natively. Boot Camp partitions your hard drive and installs Windows on one of the partitions (assuming, of course, that you own a copy of Windows). It will run faster; however, you must turn off and reboot your Macbook each time you want to switch operating systems. I personally don't have a problem with that, but some people complain about it.

As far as I know, the G5 has USB 2.0, so it shouldn't make a difference, but if you notice a major difference in speed, then do it on the Macbook. There won't be a difference in the outcomes. Just hook both drives up and copy the files over.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
just found out about the new macbook that should be arriving around september with the glass trackpad etc etc.

haha its funny Im looking at some peoples responses and there just all pissed because they got there macbook recently and didnt know about the new one coming out. They should have done there research.

I thought about waiting but when i found out its going to be aluminum and realizing its going to be doing the exact same thing as the current macbook just a little thinner and a glass track pad that would be interesting but i hate fingerprints just personal opinion but i realized, whats the big deal lol Ive been waitin to get this macbook i love the white glossy look. It just looks so modern and clean.

AFter Having this apple piece for a day. I love it and and very pleased to have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.