Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kristijan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Hi All,

I'd like to use MobileMe to have synchronized calendars between my work laptop and iPhone. However, I think I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place in trying to get it working.

Bit of background:
1) I work for a big telecommunications company in Australia where the only access to the exchange server is from within the company, or using a VPN.
2) The VPN is a Nortel Contivity, which for the life of me I can't get working with the iPhone...I googled, and it seems others have the same issue with it.

I've got my calendar synchronizing with Google Cal every 10 mins, but I'd like to use the Calendar function on the iPhone to view it (which I can't).

Do I have any options here in using MobileMe to keep track of my calendar appointments? Not fussed how complex the solution is, just want one :)

-Kristijan

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Do I have any options here in using MobileMe to keep track of my calendar appointments? Not fussed how complex the solution is, just want one :)
If I understand everything correctly, MobileMe can only sync from local outlook calendars (and even then, you may have to keep the default-named calendars around). If so, can you copy the calendar entries from the exchange calendar to a local one (assuming your exchange admin allows this)? That would provide an ugly way of calendar sync.

spamdumpster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
I'm in the same boat as the OP. What I did was to set up a mac (hackintosh actually) in my office, on the local network, and use entourage to access the exchange server. I have entourage set up to sync with iCal and Address Book, and then those sync with MobileMe, which pushes to my iPhone. It's a little buggy, but it seems to work pretty well overall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.