PDA

View Full Version : Songs Pausing?

bc008
Jul 29, 2008, 06:45 PM
my new iPod touch is doing something weird.. about 3 seconds into a song it will pause automatically.. i can press play and the song will resume but its weird isnt it?

4DThinker
Jul 29, 2008, 07:32 PM
Uh Oh. You've got a copy of you that is three seconds out of phase. Have you been in the same room with an MRI machine when lighting created a power surge? I've only seen this happen once before and, well, I'm not supposed to talk about it. :cool:

Seriously, I have no idea what could be causing that pause except a second tap on the play button three seconds into your song. I have another player that will peruse songs by letting you ONLY play three seconds of each in that mode. Is there some scan option set in your player settings?

bc008
Jul 29, 2008, 10:04 PM
well it only does it sometimes so its kind of confusing.. i know im not pressing the pause button. it seems to happen after i hit play, then press the sleep button on top. (not holding it to power off)

4DThinker
Jul 29, 2008, 10:11 PM
You might be accidently touching the screen with the palm or some other part of your hand when hitting the top button. The screen can detect a touch while your hand is slightly above the screen, and the palm will generate a stronger capacitance than a single finger will.

bc008
Jul 30, 2008, 12:40 AM
You might be accidently touching the screen with the palm or some other part of your hand when hitting the top button. The screen can detect a touch while your hand is slightly above the screen, and the palm will generate a stronger capacitance than a single finger will.

i am going to carefully watch how i navigate the touch to make sure im not making stupid mistakes ;)

the thing is i bought it refurbished, and it only does this sometimes so it might have passed through the inspection..

allbrokeup
Jul 30, 2008, 03:51 AM
i am going to carefully watch how i navigate the touch to make sure im not making stupid mistakes ;)

the thing is i bought it refurbished, and it only does this sometimes so it might have passed through the inspection..

Mine does that too, don't worry. Mine is a non-refurb and it happened RIGHT after 2.0 was installed. Cannot wait for 2.0.1.

Cheers!

Rick America
Jul 30, 2008, 08:48 AM
Mine does that too, don't worry. Mine is a non-refurb and it happened RIGHT after 2.0 was installed. Cannot wait for 2.0.1.
Cheers!

Same here...right after installing 2.0, I noticed that about 45 minutes into listening to music (songs set randomly on shuffle), the touch controls would no longer function and the screen, instead of showing the album cover, would be completely blank. At the end of that song, it would 'restart" and put me back to the main screen. If I started the music again, it would randoimly start at the beginning again with a "new" shuffle.

I also noticed that the start up time is now dead slow.

dasikes
Jul 30, 2008, 08:51 AM
How new is this iPod?? Is it still covered by warranty?

If so, I wouldn't wait until 2.1, I'd contact Apple and ask them what to do.

Apple support has always done me right ;)

Silver-Fox
Jul 30, 2008, 08:51 AM
Mine sometimes wont pause, when i push pause it does for like 5 seconds then plays again =s

bc008
Jul 30, 2008, 09:41 AM
Mine does that too, don't worry. Mine is a non-refurb and it happened RIGHT after 2.0 was installed.

Same here...right after installing 2.0

phew..

i think 2.1 is going to be the best update yet