Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto
am I the only one here? I'm seeing so many threads about many random problems, anybody here that actually has everything working great?

I had jail broken 1.1.1 (that i bought first weekend touch came out) and switched to 2.0 when it came out. No jail break yet, don't want to mess with it since everything is working like it supposed too.

My only complaint is about Texas Hold em game from Apple...it sucks that you can't listen to your library while playing. Hate that set melody they have. Must be a memory issue, or else I don't know why you can't do that.

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
I've had no problems with mine! :cool: I'm very happy with the 2.0 update as for me has fixed several bugs that were in the older software. The only problems are in some of the 3rd party app when they crash. This platform is very new and still needs time to develop and it will like any other software product (except Windows, Microsoft just like to add more bugs to their software :D).

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I've had no problems with mine! :cool: I'm very happy with the 2.0 update as for me has fixed several bugs that were in the older software. The only problems are in some of the 3rd party app when they crash. This platform is very new and still needs time to develop and it will like any other software product (except Windows, Microsoft just like to add more bugs to their software :D).
No complaints here.

Renator

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I don't have any complaints at all. Installed 2.0 and have been using since the Sunday after it was released. I've downloaded some cool free apps just to see how they work. Worked flawlessly. Now I'm considering paying for a couple. Especially the Crossword puzzle where you can download several different ones from various newspapers.

Impulse29

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2004
It's been working fine for me. I miss all my previous apps but it's been quite stable (at least that's what I've found). I got upset at the beginning because even when I turned off fetch data automatically the battery would drain, but I soon found that I installed ReQall at the beginning and it also had an option to automatically fetch data. It's all good now!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Mine works fine. Some of the Apps are a little unstable but they're getting better.

Cammunicator

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2008
Same here. It's all good.
Once in a blue moon, the VNC app crashes and myTo-Dos still won't get past the date setting, but that's it.

archi17

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2008
Australia
I think that it would be working well for a lot of people, it is just people that have problems post their issues because they feel frustrated, so we only see people with issues. But the people that are not having troubles don't usually post

henchosbandito

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Somewhere between 10 and 11
i thought that i was the only one who didnt have ill feelings toward 2.0! I think its great. I find it to run smoother than 1.1.4 and the apps are good fun - i have been tight and hold got the free ones but to be honest they are entertaining enough.

Congrats on the thread - a good two fingers up to all those complaining about a well put together piece of software

Blakely028

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Scotland
Unfortunately my experience hasn't been as good, when I had 1.1.4 installed, it lasted for about 6 or 7 hours use, now I get a 20% warning around 45 minutes after charging. I've turned down the brightness and turned the Push mail off, but to no avail.

Glad to hear all yours are fine tho.. :rolleyes:

TripleJ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Mine works perfectly fine so far as well! Now if only i could solve my stupid programming problem :p

Mikey-

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
England
I've only ever had one problem with my iPod Touch when the app I open takes me back to the home screen but that's only ever happened once, apart from that no complaints.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I have had a few random problems, but the most persistent one is the music app crashing, which is several times a day. Other problems are apps not opening at all (getting a message like "This app cannot be opened"), or they crash upon opening. Installing/updating an app through the App Store on the iPod brings the iPod to a halt and basically cannot be used until the app has been installed. Those are the main problems, hopefully they fix the major bugs with the music app sometime soon. I just don't understand how the music app could go from incredibly stable in 1.1.4 to something that feels like it should still be in beta with 2.0, there wasn't a whole lot that was changed with it, and the only things that were I haven't really been using.

henchosbandito

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Somewhere between 10 and 11
Unfortunately my experience hasn't been as good, when I had 1.1.4 installed, it lasted for about 6 or 7 hours use, now I get a 20% warning around 45 minutes after charging. I've turned down the brightness and turned the Push mail off, but to no avail.

Glad to hear all yours are fine tho.. :rolleyes:

You should maybe have that looked at - IMO that is not acceptable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.