Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
So, I think I have enough money for the iPhone 3G. I need a new phone and new iPod because both of mine are quiet old and ratty.

Now I have lotsa love for my apple stuff but it just cant be helped that things always fall outa my pockets or my bag, and occasionally, dropped. I heard that if you drop your iphone a few times the screen cracks. Thats bad.

Soo I am curious to know what is the very very very very best cases (and anything else) to protect my iphone. I really don't want to compromise looks but I will do what I have to do.

Thanks!

BTW is rubber better or plasitc?

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
well, in general the phone is not going to break from a few drops.. atleast the 2G because i personally stress tested my phone.

before i got my case i dropped my iphone STRAIGHT onto the cement floor in my basement and it landed DEAD center of the top right corner. Put a NICE HUGE dent in the upper right corner in the metal, btu no REAL damage to the useability, and the screen is PRISTINE.. then i dropped it OUTSIDE on teh road and it went skidding, face down, across the pavement.. Still no loss in useability, and no scratches on the screen.. that time i had a normal plastic case on it, no screen protector.

THEN I dropped it in the floor of my bank (no carpet) and again it went skidding across the floor.. no real issues still..

anyways. my point is if you are REASONABLY careful, you probably wont break it. Get a normal case - doesnt need ot be anything CRAZY or expensive (i got mine from SPECK CASES) you should be ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.