PDA

View Full Version : Bang and Olufsen Bluetooth Earset 2

Mr. Giver '94
Jul 29, 2008, 09:50 PM
There are no reviews for this product on the Apple website. I read the Audioholics.com review and it sounds like a good investment, but I wanted to hear some of your opinions before investing that much into a bluetooth headset. Thanks in advance. Please respond. :)

Mr. Giver '94
Jul 29, 2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry to post again, but if you don't think this is a good product, would you mind recommending another good quality bluetooth piece. Thanks!

Shannighan
Jul 29, 2008, 09:55 PM
holly crap!

save yourself $230 and get yourself the new jawbone:
http://www.amazon.com/Jawbone-Bluetooth-Headset-NoiseAssassin-Black-II/dp/B001AQYUWC/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1217386523&sr=8-1

or get the first one and save even more!

SimplyBlue
Jul 29, 2008, 10:02 PM
Or get the BlueAnt Z9i for around $72 on Amazon.

Mr. Giver '94
Jul 29, 2008, 10:57 PM
holly crap!

save yourself $230 and get yourself the new jawbone:
http://www.amazon.com/Jawbone-Bluetooth-Headset-NoiseAssassin-Black-II/dp/B001AQYUWC/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1217386523&sr=8-1

or get the first one and save even more!

Thanks. I was just curious and now that I think about it, I wouldn't spend that much on a Bluetooth headset unless it was encrusted with emeralds. LOL :D

Meyvn
Jul 30, 2008, 12:44 AM
Don't get a Bluetooth headset at all. Get a wired headset that's more functional (not only can it answer calls, it can play/pause your iPod functions, it's in stereo, and the sound quality on the good models is worlds better than any Bluetooth headset). AND you can go seamlessly from listening to music, to answering a call, back to listening to music without having to switch headsets.

rKunda
Jul 30, 2008, 07:44 AM
Don't get a Bluetooth headset at all. Get a wired headset that's more functional (not only can it answer calls, it can play/pause your iPod functions, it's in stereo, and the sound quality on the good models is worlds better than any Bluetooth headset). AND you can go seamlessly from listening to music, to answering a call, back to listening to music without having to switch headsets.

It really depends on how you're going to use it, or what your demands are. If your primary purpose is making calls, the bluetooth headset is better. Cords are irritating, especially when driving. If off, I can pull my headset out, put it on, turn it on and answer a call well before I could fish for the phone, plug in the cord, put the headphone in, etc.

Plus, there are a lot of environments where headphones aren't appropriate, but a headset is.

Zandian
Jul 30, 2008, 03:26 PM
I love mine actually. Bought it little less than a year ago. I think the sound quality is awesome. Noise cancellation isn't as great--it doesn't do fantastic in the wind, but in my opinion the sound quality of the speaker driver and the volume of it are fantastic and over-ride any noise cancellation issues for me. Don't get me wrong, there is noise cancellation. It has two mics on the underside of the boom, but they can get wind up there and interfere a bit. I've tried every unit on the market. The only one that has come close is the Gennum NX6000: http://www.nxzen.com/headsets/

I've always thought the noise cancellation of the Jawbones is great, but I never liked the sound quality--too tinny for me. Though I know many like the Jawbone I and II, it just wasn't for me.

I more than think the cost of the B&O is worth it and have been waiting anxiously any announcement for a bluetooth Earset 3 (though I've heard no rumors of it).

Zandian