Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptSaltyJack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
My iPhone shows I have two new updates, yet on iTunes (which I JUST sync'd with) says I have like 8 or so, though many of those are not updated at all. Then I update (on either device) and of course it totally bungs the order of my icons up.

Apple, please fix. Gracias.

CaptSaltyJack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Oh man, this is messed.

So, iTunes tells me I have 4 updates. Great! I click the button to check updates, suddenly it tells me all 18 of my apps have updates! I think not. So I update in iTunes, it downloads "updates"..right. Then I sync my phone, and of course it feels the need to update all those even though they're up to date.. so it syncs the apps from iTunes to my iPhone. Then to finish the whole bit of madness off, my iPhone thinks there's an update for one of my apps.

This is madness, pure madness. :confused::confused::confused:

paj

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2003
USA
I'm seeing the same thing. It's only when checking through itunes. The phone seems to be doing it right.

Given that this only started happening after I updated to iTunes 7.7.1 (11), there's a good chance that's the culprit.

Methinks Apple's QA department are on summer break. :rolleyes:

CaptSaltyJack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
I just do "Update All" in iTunes now, then sync, and reorder any icons that may be out of place.

Yeah..every time you update. :eek: It's a total mess.. and the iPhone says certain things need to be updated while iTunes claims something altogether different.

GreenLightJerky

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
This is seriuosly annoying!
Updating an app crashed my phone and had to do a restore.
This feels like my Dell Axim x50v with all the crashing and restoring.
hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

gowanis

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
The whole update situation is ridiculous. there are numerous threads about it...seems like different people are discovering it every day.

The fact that Apple says nothing, even after releasing an update to iTunes that still doesn't work, is the worst part. I understand this is "new," but the company should at least acknowledge the problem and let the customers know they are working on it. Instead we get endless posts asking what is going on and no answers.

Until this is resolved, I will only update apps directly on the phone (seems to work best this way) and I will not upgrade to 7.7.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.