PDA

View Full Version : AlchemyTV DVR - Digital Video Recorder for your PowerMac, no...

MacBytes
Jan 2, 2004, 06:35 PM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: AlchemyTV DVR - Digital Video Recorder for your PowerMac, now with G5 support. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040102193558)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

Nermal
Jan 2, 2004, 07:17 PM
I tried to get a copy of this software for my G4 but they wouldn't sell it to me :mad:

awulf
Jan 2, 2004, 09:36 PM
Cool, I got the G5/G4 card,

I just recently got my AlchemyTV DVR this week and, not a good start.

The remote control wont work (apparently a bug in the software affecting only some computers)
Recording is stutters on my G4 466 at a low compression and the 'AlchemyTV DVR' program for scheduled recording doesn't record at all for me.

Don't think of hooking up speakers to the sound out on the card and the speaker port on the computer because there is a slight delay in one of them causing an echo if both speakers are active at the same time.

Also the DVR model doesn't come with a radio, only the lower end one does.

Other than that it Miglia gives very good support the 'AlchemyTV' software does it's job although it could use improvments.

zkmusa
Jan 2, 2004, 11:51 PM
Awulf, where did you purchase your card from? I'm interested in purchasing the G4/G5 card for my G4, but I can't find any online store selling it except for Miglia itself.

Regarding the remote, check out www.xlr8yourmac.com. A user recently posted a way to fix the remote control problem.

awulf
Jan 3, 2004, 12:30 AM
I bought the card from Miglia's on-line store. Miglia also also has world wide distributors so you may be able to buy it from some Apple Resellers.

I ordered the TVPCI-PALSEC but got the TVPCI-SIL which wasn't even released. I'm still trying to figure out if that was good or bad.

I wanted to buy the card locally but no one was allowed to sell it in Australia because the card didn't/doesn't have the C-Tick approval yet, which is required here.

Thanks for the link, i'll have a loot at it.