PDA

View Full Version : Free passes to MWSF!

Flowbee
Jan 2, 2004, 09:35 PM
Other World Computing (http://eshop.macsales.com/) is offering free Exhibit Hall passes to MacWorld SF. Download the .pdf from here (http://eshop.macsales.com/Macworld/), print it out, and bring it to the registration desk at the Moscone center during the show.

This is a $35 value... and yes, it is for real (I pre-registered using this offer and have received my floor pass in the mail). I found this via Cubeowner.com.

Before anyone asks: No, it does not include admission to the Keynote.

Enjoy.

latergator116
Jan 2, 2004, 10:27 PM
Cool!! Can you print out free plane tickets from Providence to San Fransisco? ;)

MoparShaha
Jan 2, 2004, 10:44 PM
Very cool. I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to getting my pass. Good thing, now I get to go for free! Who says procrastination doesn't pay?

TeknoTurd
Jan 3, 2004, 02:39 AM
NICE!

jeff.macaddict
Jan 3, 2004, 04:55 AM
:( :( :( :(

No keynote?

(Sigh)

simX
Jan 3, 2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by jeff.macaddict
:( :( :( :(

No keynote?

(Sigh)

Lol, you have to pay at least $150 or so to get into the keynote. Otherwise they'd have a freakin' HUGE line to that keynote come Tuesday morning. :) But of course, you can always just go to an Apple store to watch it. :p

jeff.macaddict
Jan 3, 2004, 05:16 AM
I was wondering....

How would someone, let's just say, person X, go about getting admission to the keynote? and what about seats that are up front-you know, close to god---er, I mean Steve.

wdlove
Jan 3, 2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by latergator116
Cool!! Can you print out free plane tickets from Providence to San Fransisco? ;)

That is my problem also, it's the expense of a plane ticket, hotel, & food that prevent me from attending. If I was ever going to spend that kind of money this would have been the year. I'm so jealous of those that will be able to attend, sinc this is the 20th anniversary of the Mac.

latergator116
Jan 3, 2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
That is my problem also, it's the expense of a plane ticket, hotel, & food that prevent me from attending. If I was ever going to spend that kind of money this would have been the year. I'm so jealous of those that will be able to attend, sinc this is the 20th anniversary of the Mac.

Yeah, me too. But don't worry, we'll be at MW Boston in July.;)

wdlove
Jan 3, 2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by latergator116
Yeah, me too. But don't worry, we'll be at MW Boston in July.;)

Yes, that is what I'm looking forward to after Tuesday fo couse. I just pray that the negotiations between IDG & Apple were successful. The last that I heard was that Steve was suppose to agree to attend Boston, if they let him attend SF.

simX
Jan 3, 2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by jeff.macaddict
I was wondering....

How would someone, let's just say, person X, go about getting admission to the keynote? and what about seats that are up front-you know, close to god---er, I mean Steve.

The cheapest package that allows keynote seating is the Users Conference package, which seems to now cost $245 up until Sunday, after which the cost goes up to $295. You can usually get steep discounts if you've attended Macworld before or if you're part of a Mac User Group (I got my pass for $156).

As for getting seats close to the front, you'll just have to sit outside the Moscone center at about 5 AM in the morning, because the line usually starts piling up around 7 AM or so. Plus, the press always has the first 10 or so rows reserved, so this will only get you nearer the front, not the very front.