Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Strangelove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I am considering getting this instead of just an Airport Express so I can have the option to stream all of my itunes content instead of just music.

With all the recent hoopla concerning updates coming from Apple, are there any rumors on this product that would justify waiting a month or two for an imminent update?

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I am considering getting this instead of just an Airport Express so I can have the option to stream all of my itunes content instead of just music.

With all the recent hoopla concerning updates coming from Apple, are there any rumors on this product that would justify waiting a month or two for an imminent update?

Outside of space the internals of the apple TV have never been upgraded. The Christmas season is coming, and we all know there is going to be some media events in the near future, so I personally would wait until the iPods get refreshed, likely in September.

The apple tv is well worth the purchase. There were rumors about apple patenting a DVR and a wii like remote recently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.