PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV Purchase?

Dr Strangelove
Jul 30, 2008, 11:33 AM
I am considering getting this instead of just an Airport Express so I can have the option to stream all of my itunes content instead of just music.

With all the recent hoopla concerning updates coming from Apple, are there any rumors on this product that would justify waiting a month or two for an imminent update?

zedsdead
Jul 30, 2008, 11:41 AM
I am considering getting this instead of just an Airport Express so I can have the option to stream all of my itunes content instead of just music.

With all the recent hoopla concerning updates coming from Apple, are there any rumors on this product that would justify waiting a month or two for an imminent update?

Outside of space the internals of the apple TV have never been upgraded. The Christmas season is coming, and we all know there is going to be some media events in the near future, so I personally would wait until the iPods get refreshed, likely in September.

The apple tv is well worth the purchase. There were rumors about apple patenting a DVR and a wii like remote recently.