Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maxamillious

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Just sent my iPod Touch into Apple due to a defective home button and received my refurbished replacement in the mail. Plugged it into my PC and iTunes didn't recognize it, so I plugged it into another PC, iTunes recognized it, however, wouldn't download the 2.0 firmware. So I uploaded that to my server from my PC (I already purchased it prior to sending my iPod Touch in to Apple), downloaded it on the PC that recognized my iPod Touch, went to update to the 2.0 firmware and iTunes gave me an error and then stopped recognizing my iPod Touch.

So this is where I'm kinda' stuck. How do you get iTunes on a PC to recognize an iPod Touch when it doesn't and the PC thinks it's a camera or a scanner? Thanks! :)

Maxamillious

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
*bump* Spent two and a-half hours on the phone with tech support and made zero progress. Anyone else had the same problem and manage to fix it?

threesnooks

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
I had the same issue
I had to uninstall iTunes and reinstalled it
I also talked to India for hours trying to correct
I finally got it working yesterday
I did a total restore on the iPod first
Make sure it is backed up first we lost lots of songs we downloaded to directly from iTunes to the touch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.