Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zellin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Hey all,
I'm fairly new to the mac scene and this is my first macworld. Even though I am REALLY excited, I have a few questions.
What time to show up? I'm thinking 7 am...?
Is there by any chance wi-fi inside the keynote hall/auditorium/whatever?
About how long after the keynote's completion are the announced software items available for download (i.e: Safari)?
And lastly, this can be a prediction thread, so I'll get it started:
Safari 2.
FCExpress 2.
Keynote 2.
iTunes 5, iDVD 4, iPhoto 3.
Mac OS 10.3.5, w/ Home on iPod and revamped Software Update.
iBox (though I don't think they will call it that.
miniPod.
Reason for two new hardware products is to make up for no new macs.
And Steve wears stripes :D.

If you have tickets to the Keynote and they are not reserved seating you better get there early. People line up and camp out the night before, that may be a little extreme but get there early. As for WiFi I think there is access in the main hall, you often see people with laptops in there.
As for software availability, it usually takes an hour before most things are up on Apples website, unless Steve says otherwise.

zellin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
by 5!!! How about 6:45? There is no way that I'll be able to. If it were up to me, since I know the magnitude of this event, I'd go for it, but I'm part of a group that could care less, and 7 is already a stretch.
I guess to clarify:
I need A seat, as long as it's not god awful.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by zellin
*reluctantly accepts to 6:45, reminding self that it will be worth it*

I'll take your ticket, if it's not worth it. :D

Shameless groveling. I know. But I couldn't help myself.

I feel so... dirty.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Count yourself lucky! Not only am I am halfway round the world from San Francisco but I have to wait until 5pm on Tuesday for the Keynote (;) :p :D :) )

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Originally posted by johnnyjibbs
Count yourself lucky! Not only am I am halfway round the world from San Francisco but I have to wait until 5pm on Tuesday for the Keynote (;) :p :D :) )

I know, but at least you can watch it live! I have school during the keynote.:(

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
I know doesn't it? Whates even worse, is that I have to go through 2 whole school days before I can find out what has been announced. oh well, tomorow is gonna be a long day.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Originally posted by latergator116
I know, but at least you can watch it live! I have school during the keynote.:(
How about a crafty viewing on a wi-fi enabled iBook?! ;)

Oh well, at least when you get back the Apple Store will be updated so you can order a dual 2.6 G5, a G5 PowerBook and a 4 Gig mini iPod! :D

Seriously though, I'm hoping for some word on iTMS UK...:(

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
How about a crafty viewing on a wi-fi enabled iBook?! ;)

Oh well, at least when you get back the Apple Store will be updated so you can order a dual 2.6 G5, a G5 PowerBook and a 4 Gig mini iPod! :D

Seriously though, I'm hoping for some word on iTMS UK...:(

Not Fair!! I need to get airport soon.

heheh... you are right about the second one.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Actually I want airport too. Unfortunately there are all of about 3 wireless hotspots in Britain and I can't afford a base station as well!

I wonder what Steve has up his sleeves...

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Actually I want airport too. Unfortunately there are all of about 3 wireless hotspots in Britain and I can't afford a base station as well!

I wonder what Steve has up his sleeves...

There are non-apple brand base stations that you can get that are a lot cheape and have longer range. I think linksys has one for $100

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Yes I know, cheers. But I still have to pay for an Airport Extreme card and they ain't cheap! I recently just shelled out on 512MB RAM from crucial and that's set me back too...

Just hoping Final Cut Express 2 doesn't have too many new features that will make me want to pay to upgrade..!!!

I guess it's nice to have a platform where we are all itching to know what is coming next. I know nothing that is announced will affect me but it gives us something to talk about!! Just 2 days to go...

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
ahhh i see. That is one advantage for having an older iBook, it takes the cheaper airport card insted of the AE card. I was at the cambridgeside apple store and they were selling refurb airport cards for $40!! Too bad I didnt have any money on me

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
someone at keynote with an iBook or Powerbook, hook your isight up and let us watch that way - lol - itll be interesting if someone actually did this

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
dude while your at the expo, make sure to go into Omni's booth and grab a copy of omniweb 5 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.