Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marklight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Can someone point me to a guide for converting MKV's to apple TV format. I'm having trouble finding one . Thanks.

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
one way

One way is to forget doing technical stuff and just use Visualhub.

There are several threads on this in the AppleTV section and most come to the conclusion that converting with Visualhub is the easiest and will take a minor hit if any on picture quality.

There some minor problems with Visualhub, but they might have already been resolved? Specifically 5.1 aac soundtracks. The majority >95% of mkv's on the net will work fine on Visualhub.

marklight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
One way is to forget doing technical stuff and just use Visualhub.

There are several threads on this in the AppleTV section and most come to the conclusion that converting with Visualhub is the easiest and will take a minor hit if any on picture quality.

There some minor problems with Visualhub, but they might have already been resolved? Specifically 5.1 aac soundtracks. The majority >95% of mkv's on the net will work fine on Visualhub.

The whole reason I'm looking for MeGUI guides is b/c I have that 5% and those files are giving me lots of problems. I've converted lots of other MKV w/ visualhub no problem. But I just have a few that skip a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.