PDA

View Full Version : BEST ebay deal EVER! MUST SEE @LOOK@ MINT NR!

coopdog
Jan 4, 2004, 04:03 PM
Best Deal (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3069013204&category=52479)

Is this a joke?! I can't stand the scams on ebay. Whats the weirdest/stupidest thing you have seen on ebay?

jeff.macaddict
Jan 4, 2004, 04:12 PM
I don't trust him. He uses AOL.

Yeah, I bought something for $10 a while back that said you could get free electronics and stuff. All you supposedly had to do was fake being part of a retail business and ask these big foreign companies to send you a free sample of their product (plasma TV, computer components, etc) for your approval before you bought a thousand or so of their products. It supposedly only costed you the shipping which sometimes was free, and the time to write the emails.

The guy seemed nice enough to give me help over email. Never worked for me though.

Stelliform
Jan 4, 2004, 04:29 PM
I think his ad price is a joke just to get attention. The money making is a scam..

coopdog
Jan 4, 2004, 04:31 PM
I have always wondered if thoes scams work, I mean how would they. Sure! Get tons of free anything yesssss oh but first give me $10 and I will tell you the totaly secret website after.....

caveman_uk
Jan 4, 2004, 04:37 PM
Are you gullible? Please send me $10 for a searching new survey to find out...

Vector
Jan 4, 2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by caveman_uk
Are you gullible? Please send me $10 for a searching new survey to find out...

ok just send me your address.

now which of us is the gullible one?

Sun Baked
Jan 4, 2004, 05:17 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=170612 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=169551

Jump on into this pyramid shceme and look around... for only $38

Remember I'm here to guide you to this rich smelling enterpise.

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=519751

send money to Sun Baked at 2sendmemoney@cox.net

Mr. Anderson
Jan 4, 2004, 05:20 PM
By the time we could manage to get a pool up and running on when ebay shuts this down, it will be shut down.

So incredibly silly.....

D

Dstreelm
Jan 4, 2004, 05:32 PM
did anyone try to im the guy? i was thinking about it but with my luck, id get never-ending IM telling me how for only $5.95 i can double the size of my penis...

Macmaniac
Jan 4, 2004, 05:57 PM
Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me:mad:

zyuzin4
Jan 4, 2004, 07:01 PM
I'm wondering how much it cost this fellow to list this auction with that high of a starting bid? Listing fees can never be refunded? or can they be?

stoid
Jan 4, 2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me:mad:

Is this charades? It don't SOUND like a pyramid scheme, it IS a pyramid scheme!

Besides, what rhymes with 'pyramid scheme' except like 'cheer amid dream'? :D

and 'cheer amid dream' doesn't make sense anyway

Durandal7
Jan 4, 2004, 08:51 PM
If you fall for this then I have some funds of an assasinated Nigerian General I need help transferring.

Sun Baked
Jan 4, 2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Durandal7
If you fall for this then I have some funds of an assasinated Nigerian General I need help transferring. OK, but you'll need to fork over $15,000 in up-front legal fees to get the transaction finished on this end.

pseudobrit
Jan 4, 2004, 11:16 PM
Pyramid scheme/chain letter.

It's illegal.

Apple //e
Jan 4, 2004, 11:23 PM
i mean, look at all those shiny coins in that pic. pretty soon youd have a whole dollar.

and dem dollar bills, they add up

daayum, theres even a tenner in there.

G4scott
Jan 5, 2004, 02:54 AM
I can't believe it!

OMG OMG OMG!!! :eek:
I e-mailed the guy, IM'd him, and he assured me it was all safe, so I gave him quite a bit of money, because he told me the more I gave, the more I would make. Well, the F&$@ER TOOK MY MONEY!!! I sent him the money, and when I asked him what to do next, I got no reply! OMG What am I going to do?!?!!??!?!

:D :D :D

If you haven't gotten it yet, then don't ask...

And if your story relates to the above text, just go away...

You have to be a complete retard to fall for something like this. :rolleyes:

jeff.macaddict
Jan 6, 2004, 12:28 AM
I fell for it, but only lost $10. And besides, I was on summer vacation from school and was very bored. Trying to work his scheme kept me occupied.

themadchemist
Jan 6, 2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by zyuzin4
I'm wondering how much it cost this fellow to list this auction with that high of a starting bid? Listing fees can never be refunded? or can they be?

The insertion fee is $3.30 for all items $200 and above...So no breaking the bank for him, just a simple investment into his scam.