PDA

View Full Version : TechTV rocks! What do you guys think?

G5orbust
Jan 4, 2004, 05:21 PM
I know that stuff like this has been posted before, but I just wanted to express my love for the newest TV channel available to me.

To put it plainly, it is the most entertaining channel I have available to me. The ScreenSavers, Unscrewed with Martin Sargent and xPlay are great shows and I am now addicted to the network.

Anyone else who wishes to express their like or dislike of TechTV may do so here. I want to see what you all think of it.

Dale Sorel
Jan 4, 2004, 05:48 PM
I miss Sumi Das :(

iJon
Jan 4, 2004, 05:52 PM
it was cool but it is the channel we keep on all day work, unless our state team is playing a football or basketball game. i got tired of it real quick, but a lof of the girls are really hot so i watch them.

iJon

latergator116
Jan 4, 2004, 05:57 PM
..but a lof of the girls are really hot so i watch them.

on tech tv??

Kwyjibo
Jan 4, 2004, 06:15 PM
a couple of the girls are pretty ... not hot to me. For me its one of those things that I like to have on but i'm not necessarily watching every moment. They do a few good pieces every show.

G5orbust
Jan 4, 2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
a couple of the girls are pretty ... not hot to me. For me its one of those things that I like to have on but i'm not necessarily watching every moment. They do a few good pieces every show.

I find Morgan Webb (http://www.techtv.com/xplay/aboutus/story/0,24330,3423691,00.html) to be the prettiest one of them all.

I dont watch it every moment, but its always nice to flip to it and have something good on. I have yet to see a medicore segment on TechTV, as opposed to other networks that have garbage playing 80% of the time.

MacFan25
Jan 4, 2004, 06:49 PM
I enjoy watching TechTV also. If I have time, I usually try to watch The Screen Savers every night. It's a good show, and I think Leo can be pretty funny at times.

iJon
Jan 4, 2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by latergator116
on tech tv??
yes there are, especially morgan.

iJon

rainman::|:|
Jan 4, 2004, 07:01 PM
Well it sure sounds like something i'd like, there's been countless features that i've wanted to see... But, thank the lord, our cable company has decided that TechTV has to take a backseat to the 25 different golf channels that we get. Not to mention the soccer or nascar channels, which are very important. Oh, we do get a channel called G4, for computer gamers, which is great-- TechTV might appeal to the entire tech crowd, but G4 just appeals to the fraction of computer gamers, so we get that.

But yeah, what am i complaining about. it's not like it costs me over $100/month for this BS programming anyway...

</bitter>

paul

zyuzin4
Jan 4, 2004, 07:05 PM
TechTV is a cool channel. I have been watching The Screen Savers for years. I think in 2000 or 2001 I would watch it everyday after school when the show was originally an hour long. My favorite girl was Megan.

Rower_CPU
Jan 4, 2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Dale Sorel

She's on MSNBC now as a Laci Petersen case correspondent (http://msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3080418&p1=0). I miss her, too.

latergator116
Jan 4, 2004, 07:40 PM
hmm.. I haven't seen it before. What channel is Tech TV?

iJon
Jan 4, 2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by latergator116
hmm.. I haven't seen it before. What channel is Tech TV?
channel 61.

iJon

Kwyjibo
Jan 4, 2004, 08:09 PM
iJon its a regional thing, on directv its 354 ....

latergator116
Jan 4, 2004, 08:11 PM
oh darn! I only get up to channel 99.

sketchy
Jan 5, 2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Dale Sorel

Me too. she was great.
Fresh gear is just tainted now.

Though I really like xPlay more then Extended Play

macktheknife
Jan 19, 2004, 01:33 AM
OK, here's my small little claim to fame for all those of you who are interested. I actually met Morgan Webb once when we were both students at Berkeley back in 96. We both lived in the same hall (Norton Hall at Unit 3) although we lived on different floors (I lived on the first floor she lived on the all-girls 5th floor). She also had much shorter hair back then (I guess you could call it the Annie Lennox (http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1015387) style).

For the record, there's no way she would remember me, although I do have friends who went to high school with her. We met only once and I only remembered that meeting because I've never met anyone named "Morgan" or have a last name of "Webb." I hadn't even heard of TechTV or ScreenSavers until one of my friends (also a Cal alumni and high school friend of Morgan) brought it up earlier today.

It's really cool to see someone I knew even remotely gain fame and fortune so quickly. It's amazing that she's developed quite a following.

Anyhow, for Morgan and any Cal Alumnus who knew her, GO BEARS!!!

isus
Jan 19, 2004, 01:57 AM
i saw it at the university i'm going to... it's cool. unfortunately, my cable provider doesn't toss it in with the basic package :(

dave1234
Jan 20, 2004, 06:38 PM
Tech TV does rock. Although xplay can be campy, and wastes air time on some games I truly believe alot of people dont play it is still an ok show. Screensavers is phenominal, the how-to's and photoshop/digicam stuff is very beneficial.

Chisholm
Jan 20, 2004, 06:54 PM
Kat is my favorite, or maybe Jessica, I can't decide.:p

I think its neatest aspect is the tight integration with the internet. By far its the closest thing to interactive TV at the moment.