PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Keynote? And have a cell phone...


arn
Jan 4, 2004, 06:07 PM
So, I hope to get satellite coords tomorrow.... but this last minute stuff makes me a bit nervous.

Anyone going to the MWSF Keynote and have a cell phone... would be willing to be
a backup?

I just need the audio feed over the phone. Just has to be on.

thanks
arn

stoid
Jan 4, 2004, 09:04 PM
Possibly stupid question: Isn't there a live stream from Apple's website??

arn
Jan 4, 2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by stoid
Possibly stupid question: Isn't there a live stream from Apple's website??

it hasn't been officially announced.

arn

latergator116
Jan 4, 2004, 09:32 PM
I can't imagine apple not posting a live quicktime stream.

Royal Pineapple
Jan 4, 2004, 09:36 PM
there will be a quick time stream
http://stream.apple.akadns.net/

Kwyjibo
Jan 4, 2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by latergator116
I can't imagine apple not posting a live quicktime stream.


apple isn't obligated to post a live quicktime stream, they always have a post even recap for people ot watch but I would never be surprsied if one year they yanked it .. at the live level atleast. Look at WWDC for example ,people were in the apple stores transmitting on irc hehe

iJon
Jan 4, 2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
apple isn't obligated to post a live quicktime stream, they always have a post even recap for people ot watch but I would never be surprsied if one year they yanked it .. at the live level atleast. Look at WWDC for example ,people were in the apple stores transmitting on irc hehe
well they didnt do a stream for wwdc the year before that either.

iJon

arn
Jan 4, 2004, 10:21 PM
it's been posted... so I think we're good

arn

IJ Reilly
Jan 4, 2004, 11:48 PM
No cell phones in the keynote hall is the rule. I don't think most of the services will work inside of the building except on the show floor.

ibookin'
Jan 6, 2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by IJ Reilly
No cell phones in the keynote hall is the rule. I don't think most of the services will work inside of the building except on the show floor.

My Verizon phone worked at the keynote hall last year just before the keynote was about to start.