Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sephx24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I just purchased the 2.0 software. it says its downloading and when it completes it says the ipod cant be updated because the firmware file is corrupt. its done that for every update and i dont know what to do at this point

Sephx24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
well i can restore my ipod with 1.1.1 through 1.1.4 by holding shift and clicking on restore then selecting the file. but when i try to restore to 2.0 or 1.1.5 i get and unknow error or just some error saying it wont work. 2.o is error 1408 i believe and 1.1.5 is error 6

Sephx24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
No i spent awhile trying to upgrade it but i just restored to 1.1.4 and then jailbroke it. but no i havent tried to do it since

Sephx24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
i just tried to update to 2.0.1 and it downloaded got all the way through the right before it completed restoring it says unknown error occured (6) so once again i have nothing on my damn ipod

mith500

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
i just tried to update to 2.0.1 and it downloaded got all the way through the right before it completed restoring it says unknown error occured (6) so once again i have nothing on my damn ipod

I cant upgrade to 2.0.1.....keep on getting error 6 unknown error occured as well
anyone know how to fix this?

danimal99

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
It did the same thing to me yesterday, and I had to manually restore my iPod and rebuild it from scratch. When I did restore though, it installed the 2.0.1 firmware, so at least that was ok.

It also made me restore from a backup 3 times before it finally was done with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.