Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethana

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
I won't give away which app or apps I have available on the App Store, but I will tell you that the last two days I have made over $760. I am really excited to see what the month of August pulls in for me.

Anyone else have similar success? Care to share any numbers without revealing too much? :)

E

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I won't give away which app or apps I have available on the App Store, but I will tell you that the last two days I have made over $760. I am really excited to see what the month of August pulls in for me.

Anyone else have similar success? Care to share any numbers without revealing too much? :)

E

Congrats!

dwm

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2007
I'm jealous, but your disclosure is a wonderful early indicator for iPhone app development and its rewards. I just wish I could of thought of simulating a glass of beer ;)

I have a niche app (where the total market is just hundreds or maybe a few thousand potential customers) that has 34 one-star "reviews" (out of 34) all complaining about the price (which is over $10) and that it should be free. Nevertheless, with the sales data only since the 28th available, my app brings in anywhere from $50-$100 a day (in the face of a free competitor). Not several hundred or thousands of dollars a day, not enough to live on, and probably not sustainable, but fairly decent pocket change. (And who knows how many were sold in the first couple weeks.)

So, I'm thinking this is a goldmine for developers (and Apple shareholders).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.