Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Murphy'sLaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
West Palm Beach, FL
I installed Microsoft Office 2004 on my new iMac a couple weeks ago (my mom bought the student and teacher edition when she got her MacBook a few years ago and it had 3 registration codes so it didn't cost me a dime). I tried to view a PowerPoint for work on it, and it won't play the embedded videos. All the videos are .wmv format, and all Microsoft support can say is that PowerPoint for mac will not play that format. I always thought .wmv had something to do with windows media, and therefore a Microsoft product would be able to play those videos... There are about 50 videos so converting them all to quicktime and adding them back to the ppt is pretty unfeasable. If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Murphy'sLaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
West Palm Beach, FL
I did that and also downloaded windows media player, and I can open the movies from the folder, but they won't play the movies embedded in the powerpoint presentation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.