PDA

View Full Version : They didn't deserve it and they didn't get it...

McToast
Jan 5, 2004, 12:29 AM
USC finishes the season 12-1 and wins the Pac-10 Conference (and later the Rose Bowl, sweetly in a traditional Pac-10/Big-10 match up)

LSU finishes the season 12-1 and wins the South East Conference (and wins the Sugar Bowl)

Oklahoma finishes the season 12-1 BUT LOSES THEIR OWN CONFERENCE.

Oklahoma didn't deserve a B(c)S ranking of #1 and they didn't deserve to be in the Sugar Bowl. This was proven tonight.

Fittingly, they lost the Sugar Bowl.

Congrats to LSU and FIGHT ON USC!!!

Co-Champions!!!!

McToast (USC Alumnus)

eyelikeart
Jan 5, 2004, 12:47 AM
A crazy night in New Orleans no doubt. I didn't even go into the city because of the influx of people for the game.

Honestly, I didn't watch much of it & didn't care too much either. But still, congrats to LSU. ;)

G5orbust
Jan 5, 2004, 12:53 AM
WOO! Im glad OU lost. Well they didnt lose, they got shut down.

FIGHT ON USC! I was there for the Rose Bowl victory and I will be there for next year's Orange Bowl victory (orange bowl=national champ)!!!

G4scott
Jan 5, 2004, 02:46 AM
Heh, OU lost... They had it coming...

Check out this ESPN poll (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=525).

I think they were overrated their whole season. Even though they did tromp Texas, we weren't playing our best at all. Our team needs some changes in coaching staff, especially after the Holiday Bowl...

Hopefully this will make more high school seniors in Texas look more into Texas schools than OU. I can tell you that it's going to be somewhat of a blow to their recruitment.

Also, does anyone know how likely it is that Jason White is going to play another year? I'm hoping he doesn't, and I'm not sure if it'd be the best thing for his knees if OU plays like they did their last 2 games all of next season...

Either way, good job LSU, and USC.

Oh and you're right, they need to take the c out of BCS, because that's what it is...

Awimoway
Jan 5, 2004, 03:00 AM
Bob Stoopes doesn't walk on water after all.

It's funny that now they're talking about doing away with computers in the BCS system. Computers, with their heavily weighted "strength of schedule" stat are the death of college football because a lot of schools will never even be given the time of day, no matter what their merits. I know I've lost interest in NCAA football. It's only a matter of time before people realize that Div 1A football is actually two divisions: those from a few privileged conferences like the Big 10 and SEC and everyone else, who will never again see a championship.

This prejudice has even turned on the once-venerated Pac 10. If it hadn't been for that strength of schedule crap, USC would have gotten into the Sugar Bowl.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit: To clarify, I have nothing against using computers as long as all the stats are on the up and up. But I think the strength of schedule stat is heavily influenced by human judgment. The nature of the judgment and the identity of those who make it is obscured, however, by the computer system, so no one is held accountable.

cr2sh
Jan 5, 2004, 03:29 AM
Wow.. I was working all night, this is the first I've heard about it. Makes my day (what's left of it at least).

Good to see LSU get the props the deserve... at last.