Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atljogger

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2008
I'm having issues installing XP SP2 (OEM) on my Macbook Pro system w/ Boot Camp 2.0, Leopard 10.5.2. Windows wont launch after 100% of files are copied from the disc during the install process.

Boot Camp partitions HD correctly and asks for the Windows Install Disc. System restarts from the CD and begins installation - I access the blue screen where I select XP partition - 'C: Partition3 (Bootcamp) (FAT32)'. I hit Enter and installation begins. B.C. setup manual shows 2nd blue screen where you select the file system you want (FAT file or NTFS file) - I have not seen this screen yet. Does this appear after installation? Installation begins and progress bar installs through 100% in 20-30 minutes.

At 100%, computer immediately restarts to black screen and "Press any Key to continue" appears. If I press key, original installation screen appears and it takes me through the exact same process I just did. If I don't hit a key, error occurs and the screen freezes at "Press any Key". If I restart, original install screen again and Windows re-starts installation. I'm stuck in a loop. I erased the partition with B.C., re-partitioned, but still the same result.

Any advice? I need this for school ASAP.
Thanks,
j

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.