Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clownius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Ello there peoples,

So yes, straight to the point. I know that the apple event where they announce all the new goodies is in September. My question is when in September :D?

I'm just itching for a new iPod Nano. The wait is starting to make me a little loopy :eek:

Thanks! :)

Clownius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Announcements 1-2 weeks before hand eh. So I can expect an announcement roughly in the next two weeks then?

Isn't there like a Paris Apple Expo or something at the end of September? Wouldn't it be more likely that they announce the new product line up then?

Hopefully my assumption is wrong because that would mean i would have to wait until mid October to get my new nano :eek:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Apple is not participating at the Paris expo, and hasn't for several years.

Last year's iPod special event was held on September 5th and announced August 28th. That of course has no bearing the date of this year's event, but it suggests that we might expect to here something not much more than a week beforehand.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I think we'll find out something's up when shortages of the nano, classic and possibly even the touch models of the iPod start to appear--probably by late August this year. :)

Clownius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Ahh I see,

Right then. Looks like I'm going to have to wait and see. Unfortunately not one of my strongest characteristics :(

Thanks!

pacohaas

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2006
"Rent" one for 30 days for the cost of the restocking fee and hope for an announcement before your 30 days are up?

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
For the last few years Apple has held an event on the first or second Tuesday of September. They also announce the event one week prior. So we just have to wait until late August / early September.

Also, given the rumors of the MacBooks and iPods tracking for a similar release date, we could see the notebooks at the event too.

JrMac

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
If history is any guide, we're looking at September 2nd or 9th. My money is on the 9th. Usually, the iPods would have a dedicated event. This year we may see a joint MB/MBP and iPod event.

Clownius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
"Rent" one for 30 days for the cost of the restocking fee and hope for an announcement before your 30 days are up?

Haha, that could work, although not sure if the "renting" period is 30 days in Australia. :confused:

Either way, i still have my iPod Mini to entertain me. Even though it only lasts as long as the charging time :(

If only I had a time machine to fast forward to when I'm in the apple store buying the new Nano.It would also save me from these mountain of assignments for Uni :D

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Also the secret product on such an event as confirmed by Apple (Oppenheimer and then Steve Jobs):

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/rumor_apples_secret_product_is_macbook_touch/P100
It doesn't say anywhere in that link that it's confirmed.

Phone Pro:
The full power of Leopard in your pocket.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/gallery/image_med/15417
iLounge said:
Featuring the latest 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor and a stunning 1024x768 display.
EPIC FAIL

iLounge said:
The full power of Leopard in your pocket.
"Full power." Riiiight. Not with 1.6 GHz Atom, 1024·768 display, and an OS that wasn't designed for multi-touch.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
The reason is this:

"Support the authoring of full iPhone and iPad applications...making the iPad the cheapest software development platform yet."

Inside the iPad: Why a $100 Apple Laptop Is Probably Inevitable
http://connectme.typepad.com/news/2008/07/inside-the-ipad.html

The name iPad isn't gonna work... how would Bostonians verbally distinguish between iPad and iPod? I kid, I kid. :D

Oh come on, it's just a joke! I didn't actually mean it! [/craigferguson]

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
The reason is this:

"Support the authoring of full iPhone and iPad applications...making the iPad the cheapest software development platform yet."

Inside the iPad: Why a $100 Apple Laptop Is Probably Inevitable
http://connectme.typepad.com/news/2008/07/inside-the-ipad.html
There's nothing in that article that says Mac OS X must be used for the iPad.

Given the price and feature set of the iPad, I think an extended version of the iPhone OS is better suited for it than Mac OS X.

Marx55

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2005
There's nothing in that article that says Mac OS X must be used for the iPad.

Yes, it says it (the PowerPC paragraph). Actually it is a must for what the article argues: the ultimate iPhone development platform. You can only develop for iPhone on a Mac. The ultimate development plataform for them all: iPhone, iPod touch and Mac. There is no other way. And that is called a Mac. An iPad. A handheld Mac. That is.

Given the price and feature set of the iPad, I think an extended version of the iPhone OS is better suited for it than Mac OS X.

Nope. See before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.