Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pierce111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
Hi everyone. For my project, I am wondering if there is some way that Maya can generate a "random" placed render so I won't have change the camera location for every render. I just want to have a way to get all the various parts of my model without having to manually place the camera. If someone could tell me about a way to do this, that would be great.

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
QuicktimeVR rendering uses a series of snapshots to create a 360 degree animation sequence of an object. (essentially a set sequentially numbered images)
Most animation programs offer a convenient way to do this. (I'm not as familiar with Maya as with Infini-D, which could do this quite easily, using a built-in automation script)

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
not sure how you would do this with maya but in 3ds max you could set a camera path and then set the program to render the images at x frame intervals to jpeg format. This would give you lots of jpeg images from where the camera was at the point of render.

I would assume maya can do something similar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.